Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI German trench knifes genuine?

Article about: Hello everyone, Firstly, many thanks to valuable members who has previously commented on similar posts - thanks to these comments I was able to spot a fake knife I've received instead of a g

Default WWI German trench knifes genuine?

Hello everyone,

Firstly, many thanks to valuable members who has previously commented on similar posts - thanks to these comments I was able to spot a fake knife I've received instead of a genuine one.

Secondly, while looking again for a genuine WWI German trench knife, I came across the following two species. I thought they looked genuine, but I'm very suspicious now. Would someone please advise?

I'll try to get better pictures from the seller.

Ivan

Number 1

WWI German trench knifes genuine? WWI German trench knifes genuine? WWI German trench knifes genuine? WWI German trench knifes genuine? WWI German trench knifes genuine?

Number 2

WWI German trench knifes genuine? WWI German trench knifes genuine? WWI German trench knifes genuine? WWI German trench knifes genuine? WWI German trench knifes genuine?
    Last edited by Radio Africa; 11-06-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Default Both look good to go.

Greetings Ivan,

Both look perfectly original to me, I view nothing suspicious with either posted example.

Best,

V/r Lance

Hello Lance,

Thank you very much for your response!

Best,
    Ivan

?

I to concur.

Thank you for your response!

I was primarily concerned about the colour of the wood.

Just to double-check - is the combination handle + guard on the first one is it standard/genuine?

I searched for pictures and found just one similar (may be due to my poor search technique)

Many thanks.

Both are genuine. The second an authentic Gottieb Hammesfahr. Wood grip may have been oiled.

Thank you very much for your response! I am confident now.

?

Great pick up. They look to be in very good condition.

Its nice to see a correct original after all those Bad news one's that showed up.

Now this thread can be referenced when a dud shows up again!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

I have never seen an example with a cross guard like the first example. I like the design. Of course if Lance/Anderson say their good, I would take that as a strong vote of confidence.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast