Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wz98a

Article about: What do you think about this WZ98A... Is it a military or a civilian version? I should really appreciate opinions about it. Best, H

?

Default Wz98a

What do you think about this WZ98A... Is it a military or a civilian version?
    I should really appreciate opinions about it.

Best,
    H
    Wz98a
    Wz98a
    Wz98a

?

Normally a Wz. designation was not used on non army weapons, anyway i would await any army control proofs. But Reibert or other members are oriented in this area.

Compared to the "wz.55." Polish combat knives of a later generation were no longer marked with an acceptance stamp or a stamp indicating military use.

Knives of this later series were definitely used by Polish army units.
    Possibly also in executive units, like the "wz.55." .

That knives of the "wz.98." series in the various versions have also reached the commercial market, I think it is very likely.
    Wz98aWz98a

?

Thank you, gentlemen for taking the time to answer my question. I really appreciate it!
    Very interesting pictures, Reibert! Thank you!

Here, for comparison, a "wz 98NA" / ("wzór 98NA") with a "blank", double-edged dagger blade, and provided with two openings in the parrying element, (the crossguard), (one each on the left, and, on the right side), for "locking in" for the "locking spring" ("retaining spring"), for fixing the knife in the sheath, which (by means of two Phillips screws) is attached to the sheath.

I've also seen a (absolutely identical!) knife with the blade stamp "wz 98AN"!

The dimensions:
    Total length: approx. 289 mm
    Blade length: approx. 170 mm
    Blade thickness: approx. 5 mm
    Blade width: approx. 23.7 mm
    Wz98aWz98aWz98aWz98aWz98aWz98aWz98aWz98aWz98aWz98a
    Last edited by Reibert; 02-28-2023 at 10:46 PM.

?

Thank you so very much, Reibert! Very interesting and I really appreciate it!
    I always learn something from you!

Very nice "wz 98A" (wzór 98A / 98A pattern) knife !
    Thx., for showin´!
    Wz98aWz98aWz98aWz98a

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Here, for comparison, a "wz 98NA" / ("wzór 98NA") with a "blank", double-edged dagger blade, and provided with two openings in the parrying element, (the crossguard), (one each on the left, and, on the right side), for "locking in" for the "locking spring" ("retaining spring"), for fixing the knife in the sheath, which (by means of two Phillips screws) is attached to the sheath.
    The knife can therefore be inserted into the sheath from both sides !
    In some models of the "wz 98" there is only one, single opening for the scabbard spring milled into the cross guard, so the combat knife can only be supplied in the scabbard on one side.

"KS62", "wz 92", "wz 98A", "wz 98 AN", "wz 98N", "wz 98NA" "wz 98NZ", "wz 98Z" manufacturer's mark "EP - DESIGN", "GERLACH with crown"

Such combat knives have a wide variety of names and are sometimes stamped accordingly on the blades.

Somehow I'm slowly getting off here! ...
    "wz 98" is probably a "collective term".

Or is there another version, which is only marked "wz 98" and also like that on the blade, and is called that? ...

?

I assume NA is for inoxydable blade, similar knife version are questionable, because partly made in China, similar spring is certainly not combat usable.
    Military Knife wz98NA Polish Army - Poland Dagger Fighting Assault Survival PL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast