Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fame at Last !!

Article about: I bought this new SS-TK Ring book today, just out of curiosity, and ............... bugger me .............. I'm the first name in it !! Apparently, I'm a 'Golden Age' Historian !! Even so,

Default Fame at Last !!

I bought this new SS-TK Ring book today, just out of curiosity, and ............... bugger me .............. I'm the first name in it !!

Apparently, I'm a 'Golden Age' historian !!

Even so, I think it's a bit of a 'back-handed compliment'.

These young guys just don't know what it was like in the 'old days', when books had to be written on manual typewriters with carbon paper, there was no Internet, information had to be built up over many years (rather than a few minutes), using hard-to-find printed references and ..... yes ..... only 20 rings were known worldwide.

Still, the ring prices were way better back then.

PS - The book's a good read and a credit to the author ................ but the publisher needs to employ a much better proof-reader. Not the first time he's made that mistake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fame at Last !!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fame at Last !!
    P
    Many

well I do have one or two of your books in my library.

Congratulations!

Regards
    Santi

The great thing about the pre-Internet 'Golden Age' was that old fogies like me could pick up SS rings like these for next-to-nothing, compared to today's prices.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fame at Last !!   Fame at Last !!  

Attached Images Attached Images Fame at Last !! 

Congrats Robin ...from one Old Fogie to another
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I faintly remember writing reports with carbon paper. There is so much more information out there and so much of it is bad. I feel bad for the new collector minefield they have to walk through. I started collecting too late and stepped on a few mines along the way. I am still using the excuse that I went to public school. John

MAP
    ?

Well Robin. I'm sure you heard the saying "There is no such thing as bad publicity!".

Those are some beautiful rings!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Robin,

Congratulations..

Your legacy continues...

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

I sold a ring today for £10,000.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I sold a ring today for £10,000.
    Must be a UK record !!

I hope the boss appreciates your good work !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast