Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New upcoming book on Vietnam bring back weapons!

Article about: Hello everyone, I would like to announce my upcoming book on Vietnam bring back weapons. I’ve noticed over the past few years, a growing interest in bring back weapons so I decided to publ

Hello everyone!
    I thought I would post an update on the book. It has been completed for over 2 weeks now. I found a company to do the printing but I'm having issues trying to upload my files. Unfortunately, the companies customer service stinks and it usually takes close to a week to get an email back from them. I would really like to go with another company because of these minor issues but their price and quality make the wait worth it. Book printing is expensive so I trying to make the book reasonably priced for everyone. While I'm waiting for the company to respond, its possible to add some last minute submissions to the book. So this is last call for additional submissions! I am looking for something unusual as I already have plenty of SKS's, Tokarev's, K98's and Type 53 Carbines. Presentation plaqued rifles would be easy to add to the book. I will need high definition photos of the weapons and papers. Also, a well-known and highly-respected member of the forum has received a PDF of the book for review and he will be posting it when he completes his evaluation. So far he has told me I've done a wonderful job! Please send a PM if you have a last minute submission. I want to thank everyone for their patience! Keith

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New upcoming book on Vietnam bring back weapons!
    P
    Many

You will be delighted that the wait is well worth it .

Its a large process from beginning to end from the digital department that correlates all your images and text ..to the Press , Bindery which is a large phase in itself ..them to the binding.

Alot of hands it goes through ...adding cost of materials and labor.
    Will they send you a final proof for you to approve before printing? Is the location of the Printing Co. close to your home?

I have been in this business for the last 43 years thats why I am asking.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry,

I've decided to look at other companies. I'm currently looking at Book1One. Since you are in the business can you recommend someone?
    Thanks Keith

Hi Kieth

Where I worked back durring the late 80s and into the 1990s..The printer I worked for printed and bound all the paperback catalogs for Thomas Wittmann...but when he decide to put out his first reference...he went with this company > Alcom Printing

We were not equipped to handle that large task and would of farmed out that large reference to another printer..Tom cut out the middleman and went with Alcom and also I believe all the way up to his SS Reference.

Surely pricing has changed since then and now days everything is high..but the quality printing and binding is all there from Alcom.
    They are located in Harleysville Pa.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry!

Gentlemen,
    The files are being submitted to the book company tomorrow. Once its set up for printing they tell me 10 days until the books will be shipped. Once the books ship I'll start collecting the money. I won't have the book price unit they give me the total including shipping. Thanks again for everyone's patience. It should only be a few weeks more! KeithNew upcoming book on Vietnam bring back weapons!

Hi everyone
    I finally found a good printing company and after a few weeks of issues with my files they tell me the proof copy will be printed tomorrow. It may be in the mail tomorrow if not Monday then. Once I approve of it then it will be 10 days until the books are shipped. Once the books ship, I'll start collecting the payment. The price will be $49.95 plus $5 shipping (US lower 48). I can combine shipping for multiple books. The book is hardcover, nearly 370 pages printed on premium paper (coated 100#) and best of all printed in the USA! Compared to other similar books I think the price is a bargain. I recently purchased George Layman’s excellent book, “Communist Bloc Handguns” from Amazon and it cost $40 for a soft-cover with 157 pages. It also was printed in China.

Please email me at wartrophybook@gmail.com with your contact information and how many books you wish to purchase. I prefer Zelle for payment as it’s the easiest and no fees are involved. USPS money order or bank cashier’s check would be secondary means of payment.
    Sorry but at this time no ebook is planned. I know some have inquired about it. It may happen at a later time.
    Thanks again for everyone patience and support!
    Keith

Books being shipped this afternoon and will be here next Tuesday! I have a tracking number. If they arrive in the morning then those who already paid will have their orders go out in the afternoon. Getting real close everyone thanks!

I was off by $1.45 on the shipping costs so I'm sorry but I'm going to have to make the shipping now $6 instead of $5 and I'll pay the 45 cents. I've had a number of people want to purchase multiple books so while I was at the PO they gave me the prices :
    1 book $6.45 $56 shipped
    2 books $9.95 $110 shipped
    3 books $13.45 $163 shipped
    4 books $16.95 $216 shipped
    5 books $20.45 $270 shipped
    Last edited by WWIIBuff1945; 05-13-2023 at 03:25 AM.

Books made it here around 7pm! I'm going to get the first batch in the mail tomorrow morning. Its a lot of work getting them labeled and boxed up for shipping but I'm loving it! Thanks again everybody!
    New upcoming book on Vietnam bring back weapons!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2