Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

New Webbing Book

Article about: I am pleased to announce that my latest book, Webbing at War Volume 2- The Other Wartime Sets, is now complete and the Kickstarter for the book will be launched on the 1st March. Attachment

Default New Webbing Book

I am pleased to announce that my latest book, Webbing at War Volume 2- The Other Wartime Sets, is now complete and the Kickstarter for the book will be launched on the 1st March.

Following the first, critically acclaimed, volume in the Webbing at War series which covered 1937 pattern equipment, this volume looks at the other sets of webbing used by British forces in the Second World War. These sets are far rarer and little has ever been published about many of them, therefore this volume fills an important gap in the historiography and is an essential resource for collectors, modellers, historians and re-enactors. This book covers the Royal Navy’s 1919 Pattern webbing, the Royal Air Force’s 1925 Pattern equipment and the 1939, 1940 and 1944 pattern sets that were used by the British Army. The book covers the history of each set, the components that make up each set of equipment and how to assemble and wear the sets. The book is packed full of colour photographs of surviving pieces, together with period images and diagrams to tell the fascinating story of these forgotten webbing sets. This is an essential volume for all with an interest in webbing design and development and will be a resource you turn back to time and again.

With nearly 180 pages of contents, this fully referenced and indexed book is packed with hundreds of specially commissioned full colour photographs, drawing on the collections of historians across the globe to show the many variants and components of the sets. These photographs are combined with rare period photographs and diagrams to provide the most comprehensive guide to the subject ever released and this book is ideal for collectors, historians, modellers and those in the heritage sector.

The book is being released in two formats- a standard paperback release and an exclusive hardcover copy that is only available to those who back the book on Kickstarter which will come numbered and signed by the author. Demand is sure to be strong for this book, so be sure to get your order in and be the first to have a copy on your bookshelf.

We have a prelaunch page ready where you can register your interest. There is no obligation at this stage, but it will notify you when the project is live so you can back it at that point if you think it is something you want to support. Handy if, like me, your memory is atrocious and you don't want to risk missing out on the book when the Kickstarter launches!

Register your Interest
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Webbing Book   New Webbing Book  

New Webbing Book   New Webbing Book  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Webbing Book
    P
    Many