Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Learning English

Article about: I have such a problem that I have recently started learning English Maybe you have any advice on how to quickly learn this language? I will be very grateful!

Default Learning English

I have such a problem that I have recently started learning English
    Maybe you have any advice on how to quickly learn this language?
    I will be very grateful!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Learning English
    P
    Many

?

Quote by AlienkingPL View Post
    I have such a problem that I have recently started learning English
    Maybe you have any advice on how to quickly learn this language?
    I will be very grateful!
    Try Youtube. There are probably lots of videos for practice. That's how I learned some French last year then our trip got canceled. Of course the best way is spend lots of time in English speaking countries where you're "forced" to speak--"where's the bathroom" "what time is it" etc. From your post here you have a pretty good start!

MAP
    ?

Moved to "Book Discussions" section of forum for now. While not specifically about books, potentially others can recommend Books or other forms of media to help.

AlienKing: You could always try online Language programs like Babbel. There are also free or low cost App and Web based programs out there. I've been told to watching lots of TV/Movies in English with no subtitles while separately learning the language is a good way to improve improve. No idea if this is true or not.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

"I've been told to watching lots of TV/Movies in English with no subtitles while separately learning the language is a good way to improve improve. No idea if this is true or not." -- Only good if you are in the country of language origin! I tried Dutch/Afrikaans whilst in lengthy stays in NL and later RSA -- only learnt bits, but I'm lazy!!

I have always heard from friends in different countries to watch U.S. cartoons. Bugs Bunny, Popeye etc. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

I have heard that it is not recommended to practice with Australians or Scots, if you really want to "learn English"

Santi

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    I have heard that it is not recommended to practice with Australians or Scots, if you really want to "learn English"

Santi
    AAH Santi Mate, I believe there where studies made that Australian English is more true than the English spoken there (really)

I would`ve watched children programs. Here in Norway they are speaking very SLOW when trying to learn children english, which is good.
    Stig