Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

1968 Feldjäger Visor Cap

Article about: As I said on my post in the NVA forum, I recently received two visor caps. One NVA and one BW. Here is the Feldjäger/Military Police cap of those two. I like the look of the brilliant red pi

?

Default 1968 Feldjäger Visor Cap

As I said on my post in the NVA forum, I recently received two visor caps. One NVA and one BW.

Here is the Feldjäger/Military Police cap of those two. I like the look of the brilliant red piping on these MP caps a lot.

It looks to have seen some shaping by its previous owner.

1968 Feldjäger Visor Cap1968 Feldjäger Visor Cap1968 Feldjäger Visor Cap1968 Feldjäger Visor Cap

I like these and I'll definitely be getting more!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1968 Feldjäger Visor Cap
    P
    Many

Hi, super pre 1970 (Alter art) old style visor cap, dated September 1968, for enlisted men and NCO's ......however the shades of waffenfarbe on BW caps and shoulder straps can be confusing ! If it is bright red, as it looks, and photographs can be shades out depending on lighting and camera.........it is Artillery, however if it is Orange piping then it is Feldjager, however if it is Coral Red then it is Flugabwehr (Anti aircraft). See the chart below for colours.................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1968 Feldjäger Visor Cap  

?

Hey Steve, thanks! And thank you for the chart as well, it is very helpful! I had always thought the Feldjäger piping was red, but it looks like I was wrong. The piping on my hat is definitely some shade of red though, so it easily could be artillery.

Quote by Scar66 View Post
    Hey Steve, thanks! And thank you for the chart as well, it is very helpful! I had always thought the Feldjäger piping was red, but it looks like I was wrong. The piping on my hat is definitely some shade of red though, so it easily could be artillery.
    It looks to me like Artillery............I do not have a Feldjager visor, there were two types, a walking out for wear with service dress, as the style you show above....but the main style of Feldjager visor cap was white topped for on duty wear, like most countries MP's. I have both an Artillery and Feldjager arm of service colour piped side caps (1963-69), I will photograph tomorrow and post to show the difference in shades.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Yet more very useful information! I can't thank you enough for schooling me on these caps.

I'm very interested in seeing your side caps as well, not only for the piping, but also because I have a number of side caps I received a while back (that I admittedly know nothing about, although I assume them to be nothing special).