Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

57er Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass

Article about: Here are a pair of Iron Cross 1st class which I picked up the other week, one having a magnetic core , and the second is a cased example. These complement the veterans three medal group - wh

Default 57er Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass

Here are a pair of Iron Cross 1st class which I picked up the other week, one having a magnetic core , and the second is a cased example. These complement the veterans three medal group - which I posted the other day, rather nicely. Here's the link for anyone who may have missed it.

57er Veterans medal group.

The first cross is a rather nice early example by ST&L, with magnetic core and a solid hinge block. It came with a five medal ribbon bar, but whether it is connected to it I do not know. Soldering around the edges is quite neatly done, but some of the filing is a bit coarse. But overall the condition is quite nice.

57er Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass57er Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass57er Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass57er Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass57er Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass57er Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass

The second cross is a cased example of the later type with non magnetic core and an open hinge block... and again by ST&L. The back is of the thicker version, and the front frame of the cross is the same as used on the EK11... there is a small 'dimple' to the top arm where the suspension ring would be soldered. Click on images to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve

57er Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass57er Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass57er Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass57er Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass
    P
    Many