Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

57er Fakes ..............

Article about: May I see the website where these are sold?

Default 57er Fakes ..............

Gents, the time has come, unfortunately to post a thread on the fakes that are being banded about the collector circles whether through dealers or the internet.....
    Please add to this thread as you come across fakes in your hunt for the genuine article.....
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er Fakes ..............
    P
    Many

I start by showing some current Chinese copies, available from E-Bay. They appear to be well made...The German crosses look better in fact than some late versions from St u L ! however the markings on the pin "1" are the instant give away as no 57er DKiG or DKiS where marked that way. The RK KvK is not so good in quality and appears to have had a poor copy of a ribbon suspension ring from an RK of the EK attached !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Fakes ..............   57er Fakes ..............  

57er Fakes ..............   57er Fakes ..............  

Unbelievable! ....... there is a copy of ANYTHING if there is demand for it ..... I'm assuming this is currently only the high awards / badges?

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

No Dan, have a look at this.......Although not a 1957 award, the Hindenburg Cross ran alongside the range post war for veterans to purchase (believed Deumer & Stu L)....here a current copy again from China, your for a little over £10, you can obtain a genuine one for that or a little less !! What will they fake/copy next !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Fakes ..............   57er Fakes ..............  

and the Horse riders badge (again not officially a 57er badge, but made post war for veterans and still issued today, but without the "R") is not immune, here the wartime and upto 1950 version (with the "R") is copied, even with St u L lettering to the rear (Cheeky sods)....but the pin/hinge and catch is all wrong.
    Prost ! Steve.

57er Fakes ..............  

Copies of the Hindenburg Cross???

As 'Fuji' used to say in 60's sitcom McHales Navy ... "oy Vay" - ( which is weird as he was a Japanese POW and the phrase is Yiddish! )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks for high lighting this area Steve, I really am getting to the point on giving up on anything unless it is in hand or from the one or two dealers I trust who have "donkeys years" of knowledge! These fakers are getting on my "Foppin bits" Leon.

more............this seller on E-Bay "loveisallaround12" proudly states in his auction pages "No Cheap Eastern European Reproduction Junk - You will see the difference when you hold these unbelievable items in Hands,compare with the rest and then get THE BEST !" his spiel is incredible...............
    Unfortunately they are cheap Eastern Asian reproduction junk ! again sourced probably from China....people are buying these ! Again the big give away is that they are always maker marked....including "Godet" a maker who never got involved in 57er production ! and many are fantasy. This is just a sample of his wares....check out his seller pages, its a gas as our American cousins would say.................U Boat badge and RK Golden Oaks/Swords with diamonds....and his version of a DGiS !
    Prost ! Steve.

Attached Images Attached Images 57er Fakes .............. 

and even more fakes, although I suspect the same seller as above using another name "minniespleasures77", photographs are so alike ! here are some of this sellers 57ers, KvK I with Swords, U Boat clasp in Silver and close combat clasp in Bronze , all with fictitious markings !
    Prost ! Steve.

Attached Images Attached Images 57er Fakes ..............  57er Fakes .............. 

thank you steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast