Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Austrian Field cap

Article about: Would anyone be able to provide me with some information on this cap? I'm in unfamiliar territory and I hope I posted this in the correct section. The buttons looks silver but they are gold.

Default Austrian Field cap

Would anyone be able to provide me with some information on this cap? I'm in unfamiliar territory and I hope I posted this in the correct section. The buttons looks silver but they are gold. Grateful for any assistance that can be provided. Thank you.

Austrian Field cap
    Austrian Field cap
    Austrian Field cap
    Austrian Field cap
    Austrian Field cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian Field cap
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I used to see similar caps at the army surplus stores as a kid but never as minty or with the Edelweiss. I kick myself for motorcycle getting one because I would love to use one as a work cap..
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

postwar Austrian mountain troops.

Thanks Michael and Harry.

Wow MD.H !!! Would this have been pre K4 dot camo !! And I guess from a short lived run!!! As I have Only before seen the m56 plain grey cap like the one I have!!!

Wonderful cap austromunga, indeed looks to be a cammo Bundesheer Gebirgsjager mutze !
    Today the traditions of the Austrian mountain infantry (Gebirgsjager) are maintained by the 6th Jagerbrigade in Innsbruck, subdivided in three battalions (Jagerbataillon 23, Jagerbataillon 24 and Jagerbataillon 26).
    Prost ! Steve.