Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

belt business

Article about: hi to all ive got in my possesion what i believe to be german belt but instead of the normal 'gott mit uns' on the buckle it has 'einigkeit recht freiheit' as you can see from the pics. can

cgoracle
    ?

Default belt business

hi to all ive got in my possesion what i believe to be german belt
    but instead of the normal 'gott mit uns' on the buckle it has 'einigkeit recht freiheit' as you can see from the pics. can anyone tell me if they have seen this before? also on the reverse of the belt it has inscribed
    Barnstorf. lt, pz autkl.lehr btl.11. i can only assume this was who it belong to and his unit. i've tried to find out about this unit on various sites and have had no luck. can anyone suggest the best place to try and trace the guy?on the inside of the belt the is a considerable amount of blue/grey fluff which i assume has come from one of the field coats.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture belt business   belt business  

2. # ADS

Default Re: belt business

Hi and welcome.

I believe that you have a Heer (West German) belt and buckle. Post war circa 1950's the inscription translates as

"Unity and justice and freedom", which is taken from a 1922 German Patriotic song

It is a Bundeswehr belt.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

The Belt and buckle are not Third Reich, hence the different motto and design, but it is actually post war (West) German Army.

The details on the leather are the soldiers name, "Barnstorf. Lt" and his unit "Pz autkl. lehr btl.11". So it would appear he was an Officer, a Leutnant or Lieutenant in English. His unit was Panzer (something) school battalion 11.

Cheers, Ade.

As already stated, post war West German buckle
    Ben

There is an example in the buckle and belt characteristics thread
    Ben