Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Beret badges ...

Article about: Hi mates, regarding this thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bunde...caps-42195-12/ I also had a question in another forum about the "old" beret badges of the Bundeswehr, which

Question Beret badges ...

Hi mates,
    regarding this threads:
    Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....

I also had a question in another forum about the "old" beret badges of the Bundeswehr, which were previously manufactured without the "Federal Flag", as well as a question about the beret badge of the Fernaufklärer der Bundeswehr / "Bundeswehr long-distance scouts", (AKA "LURPS" in the US Armed Forces), and in which units of the BW this Fernaufklärer badge was/is actually worn.

I would be interested to know to what extent Bundeswehr soldiers are allowed to wear the "old" beret badge (without the federal colors) these days.

Answer of a colleague:
    "For us, the beret should only be worn after basic training and, in my opinion, the Luftlandepioniere and LL Mörser, (mortar units), also wore the parachute beret badge, but that was 28 years ago now."

Answer from a colleague:
    "The mortar men are simply in the heavy companies.
    The LL sappers should actually wear the sappers' beret badge, but no one does.
    But I never saw this outside of schools.
    In practice, the wrong brigade badges were often worn (on the uniform)."

Further opinions from fellow collectors:
    "The beret badge of the Fernaufklärer no longer officially exists, as this unit was disbanded in 2008."

Answer from another colleague:
    "That's not the latest status. There is Fernspähkompanie 1 in Schwarzenborn, Commissioned June 14, 2023."

Answer:
    "Yes, but they are subordinate to the DSK, ("Division Schnelle Kräfte"), (Fast Forces Division), and are not an independent military unit... and that's why, as far as I know, they wear the normal paratrooper badge on their berets..."

Answer:
    "I was now unsure and asked. The badge of the Fernspäher (long-distance scouts) is worn."

Answer:
    "Interesting...do you know if these were officially issued or were they privately procured and tolerated?"

Answer:
    "Since the whole company wears them, they are probably officially issued. There was only one company before the dissolution and there were only 3 companies in total."

My question about an "old" Bundeswehr beret badge without the national colors:
    "But it is not forbidden in the troops to wear berets that do not (yet) show the national colors of Germany?
    I'm thinking of the "old" squad?
    Nowadays nothing would surprise me anymore...?"

Answers from a fellow collector:
    "It does not comply with the dress code and is therefore a matter for the disciplinary supervisor.
    But in some cases the regulations are not taken so strictly.
    The long-distance scouts, for example, still wear a beret badge today, which was abolished in 2004.
    Actually, the LL (Luftlande) (Para) sappers and the LL reconnaissance men are not allowed to wear a paratrooper beret, but rather the Bordeaux red beret, with the insignia of their branch of service (pioneers and army reconnaissance troops).
    Reason: The association determines the beret color and the military branch determines the badge.
    In practice, no one sticks to that."

I would be very interested in how the Bundeswehr's beret badges are worn in the "old" version (without the Federal Flag) at this point in time.

Furthermore, whether the beret badge of the "Fernspäher" is still worn on the beret today or has been replaced by the beret badge of the parachute troops.

Thx. in advance,
    R.
    Last edited by Reibert; 02-17-2024 at 05:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beret badges ...
    P
    Many

Here´s a pretty worn beret badge of the Bundeswehr Fernaufklärer.
    It shows some signs of wear ("Been there, done that!" ), but I really like it.

Maker:
    OLC
    Overhoff & Co., Lüdenscheid

Beret badges ...Beret badges ...Beret badges ...Beret badges ...Beret badges ...Beret badges ...Beret badges ...Beret badges ...Beret badges ...

Quote by Reibert View Post
    I would be very interested in how the Bundeswehr's beret badges are worn in the "old" version (without the Federal Flag) at this point in time.
    A few days ago I bought some metal badges and fabric badges from the Bundeswehr.

Including this "early" Bundeswehr beret badge, (Barettabzeichen der Panzertruppe), still in the version without the "Federal Flag".

The manufacturer also here:
    OLC
    Overhoff & Co., Lüdenscheid

Beret badges ...Beret badges ...Beret badges ...Beret badges ...Beret badges ...

Hello,

There were ONLY THREE troop badges for the beret without the national flag. These were the tanks, paratroopers and raiders. (We will ignore the beret badges for soldiers in multinational units here)
    They were also the first to receive berets in 1971.
    These badges were replaced in the early 1980s. The Bundeswehr has no longer had any of these left over for a long time. They have not been manufactured since then. Other badges never originally existed without a national flag, as they were only introduced later.

With luck you can still find some of the old ones on eBay & Co.
    If you get some there, you are a raider, tankman or paratrooper, you can wear them safely - if your superior allows it. That should still be the absolute exception.

Regards

Thank you for your explanations.

I am still interested in whether the newly established long-distance scout unit of the Bundeswehr, the Fernspähkompanie 1 in Schwarzenborn, put into service on June 14, 2023, now officially wears the paratrooper badge of the BW on its beret, or the former badge of the Fernspäher again.

I've also sent a request to the Bundeswehr about this, let's see if I get an answer.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    I've also sent a request to the Bundeswehr about this, let's see if I get an answer.
    At the weekend, on a "lucky" and random note, I sent an inquiry via e-mail about how the newly formed long-distance scouts should wear the beret badge.

To be honest, I didn't have much hope that such a banal request from a civilian from a neighboring country would even be processed and answered.

My joy was even greater that today, when I just got home from work, I actually received an answer.

Excerpts:

Sehr geehrter Herr ....,
    wir bedanken uns für Ihr Interesse an der Bundeswehr und beantworten Ihre Anfrage wie folgt:

... Die Aufklärer des Deutschen Heeres sind nach wie vor den Brigaden und Divisionen unterstellt. Die Fernspäher sind jetzt in SCHWARZENBORN zusammengefasst und unterstehen direkt der Division Schnelle Kräfte. Als Fernspähzüge hatten die Fernspäher das Abzeichen der Fallschirmjäger zugeordnet bekommen. Da die Kompanie in SCHWARZENBORN jetzt direkt der Division unterstellt ist, tragen sie wieder das Abzeichen der Fernspäher (siehe PDF).

Fernspähkompanie 1 in Schwarzenborn neu aufgestellt (bundeswehr.de)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Im Auftrag

U.. S.....
    Stabsfeldwebel
    Informationsfeldwebel

https://www.bundeswehr.de/de/organis...stellt-5637528

Translated, (excerpts):

Dear sir ....,
    We thank you for your interest in the Bundeswehr and will answer your inquiry as follows:

... The reconnaissance officers of the German Army are still subordinate to the brigades and divisions. The long-distance scouts are now grouped together in SCHWARZENBORN and report directly to the Rapid Forces Division. As long-distance reconnaissance platoons, the long-distance scouts were assigned the paratrooper badge. Since the company in SCHWARZENBORN is now directly subordinate to the division, they once again wear the remote scout badge (see PDF).

Long-distance surveillance company 1 reorganized in Schwarzenborn (bundeswehr.de)

Best regards

On behalf

U.. S.....
    Staff Sergeant
    Information Sergeant