Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bundeswehr Orden und Ehrenzeichen...........

Article about: Gents, having begun to collect awards and medals of the BW due to running out of space for more helmets, caps, uniforms & combat gear.....this is my collection to date. Three EhrenKreuz

Default Bundeswehr Orden und Ehrenzeichen...........

Gents, having begun to collect awards and medals of the BW due to running out of space for more helmets, caps, uniforms & combat gear.....this is my collection to date.
    Three EhrenKreuz (BW badge of Honour), Gold,Silver and bronze class and the Ehrensmedaille and two Eiensatzmedailles (Deployment medal) Gold & Bronze class with "SFOR" bar for service in Yugoslavia in the second contingent ....I will over the coming months obtain the remaining medals to complete the collection. These medals are inexpensive to purchase and are freely available on E-Bay...........if any member has any of these awards, please post here....
    see here for more information of the BW badge of Honour..... Badge of Honour of the Bundeswehr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and here for info on the BW Deployment medals......German Armed Forces Deployment Medal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Orden und Ehrenzeichen...........   Bundeswehr Orden und Ehrenzeichen...........  

Bundeswehr Orden und Ehrenzeichen...........   Bundeswehr Orden und Ehrenzeichen...........  

Bundeswehr Orden und Ehrenzeichen...........   Bundeswehr Orden und Ehrenzeichen...........  

Last edited by oradour; 09-07-2013 at 08:16 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr Orden und Ehrenzeichen...........
    P
    Many

a few more detailed photographs of the above awards.
    First the BW badges of honour...
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Orden und Ehrenzeichen...........   Bundeswehr Orden und Ehrenzeichen...........  

and secondly the SFOR deployment medals..................
    Prost ! Steve.

The companies involved in producing the EhrenKreuz were Deumer, Bender and St u L ...The Deumer as usual was IMO better quality, they (Deumer) even produced a two piece EhrenKreuz...see here.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Orden und Ehrenzeichen...........  

Just this minute picked up one these two piece crosses, a silver grade two piece ! I have been told these are early production, around 1980, not that easy to find these days..............or spot if the sellers photographs are crap ! Worth the hunt. Notice on this piece the centre "disc" is not as pronounced as the one above.....so it could be a different maker, perhaps an early St u L and not a Deumer or some other maker ?
    Prost ! Steve.

these are really nice steve the quality and condition of each medal is very apparent ,im unfamiliar with bw medals so forgive my ignorance but what i will say looking at the bronze deployment medal is the passing ressemblance to the ww2 issue russian Front (Ost Front) Medal ,thanks for sharing ,james

Gents, a BW "bandschnalle" ribbon bar and their full sized awards...........BW Ehrenzeichen (Honour Cross) in Gold (20 years service) in Silver (10 years service) Sports badge in Gold and life saving award in Silver............notice the Siler honour cross is two piece Deumer made cross, around 1980 production, the Gold is later St u L piece, as are both other awards, but they hark from before 1968.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Nice collection Steve and I must admit would be a lot easier to display than the bulkier head gear , uniforms, and field gear.

Regards Mark

Thanks Mark ! yes they are, I mainly collect BW badges/awards and 1957 decorations now due to lack of space !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I cant help but notice the condition of your medals and awards are near mint to excellant Steve you have made wise choices and they all display rather nicely.

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast