Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...

Article about: Hi mates, I'm not really well versed in military dive knives. That's why I would just like to request two diving knives here in the "Bundeswehr" subsection. I know very well that s

Question Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...

Hi mates,
    I'm not really well versed in military dive knives.

That's why I would just like to request two diving knives here in the "Bundeswehr" subsection.

I know very well that some armies' diving knives could also be obtained privately.

Nevertheless, I would be interested to know whether a collector friend here is a little better acquainted with the subject of Bundeswehr diving knives and can possibly identify these two knives for me.

One of the two diving knives is still in the original packaging and there is no sheath.
    I don't want to unpack the knife, but maybe you can still recognize it to some extent.

Thanks in advance,
    R.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...
    P
    Many

Here the knife in the original packaging, "Made in Taiwan":

Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...

Here is the second knife.

Crude BUND for Bundeswehr is branded on the back of the scabbard.

The dimensions:
    Blade length: 142mm
    Handle Length: 128mm
    Total length: 270mm
    Blade thickness: 4 mm
    Blade width: 29 to 31 mm

Blade magnetic.
    This has a belt cutter, at the same time, a bottle opener and has serrations in the lower area.
    The blade is stamped with:
    MADE IN JAPAN

solid rubber grip

plastic sheath

Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...

A fellow collector wrote me the following about the two knives:
    "Yes, both BW diving knives. They were procured decentrally from Poseidon in Kiel."

Can any of you confirm this?

The blade and the handle of the diving knife in the original packaging are marked with the lettering Unidive and the registered symbol.

Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...

Another image of the 2nd knife:

Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...

I don't actually collect diving knives myself because this topic alone is very broad and has its own collection area.
    However, I got some diving knives that were used by the Bundeswehr relatively cheaply and will keep them for documentation.

On the other hand, I know very well that diving knives tend not to be very interesting and popular among collectors of combat knives and tactical knives.

Also in the literature, diving knives are not really treated separately and specifically and dealt with in more detail.

Here are excerpts from the very interesting book by Dietmar Pohl with the title:

MESSER
    deutscher
    Spezialeinheiten

Published in
    Motor
    buch
    Verlag

Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...

Here is a TITANIUM from UNIDIVE (POSEIDON UNIDIVE TITAN)

The dimensions (approx.):
    Blade length 130 mm
    Handle length: 130mm
    Total length: 260mm
    Blade width: 29mm
    Blade Thickness: 4.3mm

Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...Bundeswehr Tauchermesser ? ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast