Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Cross

Article about: I am looking for your opinion is this is original post 41 medal. For me the question mark is the mark 21 and 800

?

Default German Cross

I am looking for your opinion is this is original post 41 medal. For me the question mark is the mark 21 and 800

German CrossGerman Cross

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Cross
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum.
    As this example does not have a swastika, it is considered a "57'er", to be worn by veterans that earned the DK, after the war.
    Also, as far as I know, Godet did not make any "57'ers", and if they did continue after the war with war time dies, this should have 6 rivets, not 4.
    Ralph.

I will move your thread to the correct section of the forum.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

These 57 pattern awards with Third Reich era markings on the reverse are really just fakes made by the same people who make the fake wartime awards.

Not saying a veteran could not buy one and wear it, but unlikely.

Personally I avoid them.

If buying a real 57 pattern award buy one with the correct hardware.

The problem is manufacturers have knocked out thousands of these for the collector market.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!