MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?

Article about: Hi mates, since I also deal a little with helmets, I bought this "liner" (inner helmet) of US provenance. The name painted on the helmet could be that of a Oberfeldwebel, (senior s

Default US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?

Hi mates,

since I also deal a little with helmets, I bought this "liner" (inner helmet) of US provenance.

The name painted on the helmet could be that of a Oberfeldwebel, (senior sergeant), in the Bundeswehr.

In any case, the camouflage net is an original of the Bundeswehr.
    I don't know whether the camouflage material is also BW.

Of course, it may be that someone has "assembled" this set themselves at some point, on the other hand, were such US helmets actually also issued in the BW?

Thanks in advance, and, regards,
    R.
    US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?
    P
    Many

Hello,

no, the US model, including the 1964 and 1972 patterns, was not introduced to the Bundeswehr.

In the Bundeswehr, a similar inner helmet as the US model 1951 was used for the "steel helmet, two-piece" from 1956 until it was completely phased out around 1959/60.

The inner helmet was then used as a presentation helmet until the end of the 1990s and continued to be manufactured with slight changes.

This helmet, pattern 1972 and manufactured 1983, was probably organized privately and used as a light marching simplification.

Greetings

Something similar

US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr? US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr? US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr? US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?

Just for reference I attach some pics of a Wachbataillon parade (repraesentation helmet), which is essentially the liner of the first BW issue Zweiteilige US Stahlhelm M1.

This particular helmet has been brush painted olive drab, which is not normal practice.

US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?

Quote by cvrwdvr View Post
    Just for reference I attach some pics of a Wachbataillon parade (repraesentation helmet), which is essentially the liner of the first BW issue Zweiteilige US Stahlhelm M1.

This particular helmet has been brush painted olive drab, which is not normal practice.

US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?US M1 liner in the Bundeswehr?
    Hello,

the "Helme, Reprentation" / "Helmets, Representation" were not only used by the guard battalion or the "Stabsmusikkorps", but were widespread throughout the Bundeswehr.

It was available in glossy and satin finish. Therefore, they can easily have been misused.

Regards

Many thanks for both responses. Out of interest, what was the purpose of the Repraesentation helm outside the Wachbataillon / Stabsmusikkorps ?

Hello,

they were used for every kind of honorary service.

The old liners of the BW Stahlhelm from 1956 to 1959 also served other purposes. For one thing, they were intended as lightweight protective helmets. They were often worn without a steel helmet shell.

For this reason, there were also repaints. For example, military police and special marine units (beach master companies) and Ponton engineers had their own paint schemes. Not all EARLY BW M1 liners that were painted olive are therefore to be regarded as fake steel helmets for easier marching. Many have also been officially repainted.

Regards

Many thx for the info !