Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Veteran reunion/Treffen badges..................

Article about: Gentlemen, I start a thread on WW2 veteran unit associations meetings badges or as they known in Germany treffen abzeichen ............if you have any please show. I show two I have in my co

Default Veteran reunion/Treffen badges..................

Gentlemen, I start a thread on WW2 veteran unit associations meetings badges or as they known in Germany treffen abzeichen ............if you have any please show.
    I show two I have in my collection, they are inexpensive badges and can be found on the internet auction sites and with dealers...........The first is for the ex members of the 2nd Panzer Division, cheaply made of plastic with simple pin fastner on rear, in a dull gold colour with metallic gold highlights to the script and divisional sign, it bears a tank/building motif with the divisional insignia and "12.TREFFEN 2. PZ.DIV. BAD KISSENGEN MAI 1981" upon it.
    The significance of Bad Kissengen is that it was a garrison town to units of the 2.Pz Div in the 1930's....the association always chose a town to hold their meetings in that had a historical connection to the division, this was the second time Bad Kissengen had been chosen, the first in 1965. The associations last treffen was in 1995, for more information on 2. PZ DIV see here 2nd Panzer Division (Wehrmacht) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The second badge is for the "9 Bundestreffen der Deutschen Fallschirmjäger Wolfsburg 1965" held 19th -20th June, a stamped metal badge, made by P.H.Mayer of Pforzheim, with wartime pattern fallschirmjager diving eagle and the script "KAMERAD WO BIST DU ?" (Comrade where are you).................. I am still researching this meeting.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Veteran reunion/Treffen badges..................   Veteran reunion/Treffen badges..................  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Veteran reunion/Treffen badges..................
    P
    Many

The spa town of Bad Kissingen in northern Bavaria, the camp/garrison built and named in 1936-37 "Manteuffel Kaserne", named in honour of Freiherr von Manteuffel of old dragoons fame.
    In the late 1030's motorcycle troops of the 2nd Panzer Division occupied the barracks.
    Here I show an old period post card of the garrison....which now sits alongside the treffen badge.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Veteran reunion/Treffen badges..................   Veteran reunion/Treffen badges..................  

Last edited by oradour; 10-22-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Quote by oradour View Post
    The first is for the ex members of the 2nd Panzer Division, cheaply made of plastic with simple pin fastner on rear, in a dull gold colour with metallic gold highlights to the script and divisional sign, it bears a tank/building motif with the divisional insignia and "12.TREFFEN 2. PZ.DIV. BAD KISSENGEN MAI 1981" upon it.
    Cheaply made, perhaps, but an attractive design nonetheless.

By the way, the building depicted on the badge is Bad Kissingen's Regentenbau, see:

Regentenbau (Bad Kissingen)

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Cheaply made, perhaps, but an attractive design nonetheless.

By the way, the building depicted on the badge is Bad Kissingen's Regentenbau, see:

Regentenbau (Bad Kissingen)
    I concur.

?

An interesting subject Steve !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Today I added some more of these veterans reunion badges.........all six from the estate of an Austrian ex fallschirmjager, hence the trifold style ribbons on two of the badges, all depict various "Bundestreffen der Deutschen Fallschirmjäger" see badges for dates and locations...........a mixture of plastic and metal badges.
    Prost ! Steve.

Veteran reunion/Treffen badges..................   Veteran reunion/Treffen badges..................  

Veteran reunion/Treffen badges..................   Veteran reunion/Treffen badges..................  

Attached Images Attached Images Veteran reunion/Treffen badges.................. 
    Last edited by oradour; 10-22-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Gents my first KM treffen commemorative piece....I thought I was buying a lapel badge, but upon receipt it turned out to be a table top ornament ! It commemorates the "Schwere Kreuzer Blucher" treffen event at Cuxhaven, 9th September 2002.
    The Heavy cruiser "Blucher" launched 8th June 1937.....Commisioned 20th September 1939.....Fate, sunk at battle of Drobak Sound (Norway) 9th April 1940.....for more information on this ship see here, German cruiser Blücher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This treffen ornament appears to be of resin construction bearing a small replica of the "Blucher Star", it bears the the mark of the "Deutscher MarineBund" on the reverse......5 1/2" (14cm) tall and weighs in at a hefty 310g !
    I show with a 57er Destroyer and Narvik Shield for size comparison.
    Prost ! Steve.

Hi there!
    I just discovered this thread. I think it's a great idea.
    I am away from home until Friday at the beach, so I hope to upload the images of my pin of the "IV Bundestreffen Afrikakorps" over the weekend.
    Best regards.
    Santi

Meanwhile, let me add mine (although I only have a handful of those).

Badges for the 2nd PzDiv reunions in 1975 (Mödling), 1981 (Bad Kissingen, already shown by Steve) and 1985 (Würzburg), all made of plastic:

1983 paratrooper reunion (Kassel):

Veteran reunion/Treffen badges.................. Veteran reunion/Treffen badges..................

I've already shown the next two on other threads.

Badge for a reunion of 132nd Infantry Division vets with a design that combines the Krimschild with the Kurland sleeveband:

Veteran reunion/Treffen badges.................. Veteran reunion/Treffen badges..................

Day badge from the 4th veterans' reunion of former crew members of the destroyer Z31. The badge is Modelled on the Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen [Destroyer War Badge] (not the 1957er version but actually the wartime badge with the national eagle, although minus the Swastika, obviously). The meeting was held at Sonthofen in the Allgäu (far away from the sea), hence the ribbon is in the white-and-blue lozenge pattern of the Bavarian state flag. As tinnies go, this is a really robust one. It's the size of the regular war badge and made of solid metal:

Veteran reunion/Treffen badges.................. Veteran reunion/Treffen badges.................. Veteran reunion/Treffen badges..................

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast