Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Why does this seem improper?

Article about: Can't help but thinking this is a tarted up tunic, especially with some American ribbons being on there, but is there more wrong? It is a flea - bay special;

Default Why does this seem improper?

Can't help but thinking this is a tarted up tunic, especially with some American ribbons being on there, but is there more wrong?
    It is a flea - bay special;

Thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Why does this seem improper?
    P
    Many

No, not at all. US Army people wear Bw decorations and vice versa. I do not think they should be above the Bw ribbons, but I can check.

This was a Bavarian unit, and there were and still are an ample amount of US Army in Bavaria, especially in the cold war, surely.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    No, not at all. US Army people wear Bw decorations and vice versa. I do not think they should be above the Bw ribbons, but I can check.

This was a Bavarian unit, and there were and still are an ample amount of US Army in Bavaria, especially in the cold war, surely.
    Wow, I figured for sure it would be a fraudulent conglomeration of someone's junk drawer! Thanks FB! Maybe I will keep an eye on it.

There are Bw collectors here, which I am not. They are my friends of decades, as it were.

I should know the unit patch, but I do not.

I should have gotten these things when I had the chance, but I was too busy with other tasks.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    There are Bw collectors here, which I am not. They are my friends of decades, as it were, but this is an old uniform, i.e. a cold war one, I think.

I should know the unit patch, but I do not.
    Perhaps Andreas will see this thread. He is well versed in the Bw. I would like to add one authentic Bw piece to the collection. There is a method to my madness, really. The years of unity, war, division, enmity to unity again are very interesting. Sounds stupid, I know, but I can see it represented in a select few items.

"The years of unity, war, division, enmity to unity again are very interesting. Sounds stupid, I know..."

It is hardly stupid. It is my life. Your instincts are sound. The story of Germany is very compelling, indeed.Why does this seem improper?Why does this seem improper?

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Perhaps Andreas will see this thread. He is well versed in the Bw. I would like to add one authentic Bw piece to the collection. There is a method to my madness, really. The years of unity, war, division, enmity to unity again are very interesting. Sounds stupid, I know, but I can see it represented in a select few items.
    Andreas is always right, and he is Bavarian, to boot! Bavaria has a very fine educational structure, very rigorous and unforgiving.

I work with a lot of them, and they are always agitating that I fail my students.

I would like a few nice examples of uniform to represent the era. I have an American class A from the early 70s I believe. I would like to get one each DDR and Bw uniforms to complete the trifecta. Imagine, a US serviceman could join the Army, be tasked with "killing the Huns", then helping train former enemies and defend territory he helped conquer against other Germans who were now communist. What an odd dynamic the officers and men were caught up in.

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I would like a few nice examples of uniform to represent the era. I have an American class A from the early 70s I believe. I would like to get one each DDR and Bw uniforms to complete the trifecta. Imagine, a US serviceman could join the Army, be tasked with "killing the Huns", then helping train former enemies and defend territory he helped conquer against other Germans who were now communist. What an odd dynamic the officers and men were caught up in.
    What you don't say.

Here, you can watch it happen, at least in the FRG.

YouTube

TWS
    ?

I proudly wore the Deutsche Sportabzeichen on my dress greens. Foreign awards are authorized in the U.S. Army, even covered in AR 670-1 the regulations on uniforms, and were also authorized in the Bundeswehr but I don't know if that placement is correct in that photo. I have a couple Bundeswehr tunics I am willing to part with... just saying.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast