Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?

Article about: Hello guys. May I ask for your opinions regarding the authenticity of this Allgemeine SS visor cap with missing insignia that is currently for sale? The initials doesn't seem quite right and

Default Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?

Hello guys.

May I ask for your opinions regarding the authenticity of this Allgemeine SS visor cap with missing insignia that is currently for sale? The initials doesn't seem quite right and it seem to differ a bit from other ones I've seen from the same maker..?

Thanks in advance.

//S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?   Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?  

Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?   Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?  

Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?   Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?  

Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?
    P
    Many

To my eyes the material and construction looks right. The initials on the rear of the sweatband will be a personal touch by the owner. A bit unusual compared to the handwritten initials you'd typically see, but definitely within the realm of possibility.

B.B.

?

It seems to have most of the right components and materials. I would research the maker #195 Heinrich Wille, most of the caps I've seen by that maker do not have the rzm ink stamp on the visors like most others do. That may just be an anomaly with some of his caps, I don't really know.
    Regards, Al

?

Should be a Wille, Hannover, i.e. A1 195, see here for comparison:

Allgemeine SS Schirmmutze
    Black Cap for Identification

?

Thank you my error, I thought they were one in the same. Heinrich Wille of Hannover. However I still see most #195 makers without ink stamps.
    Regards, Al

?

Here are some examples from my archives, all made by #195. I hope this helps

Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?Allgemeine SS NCO visor cap - genuine?

Credit: Brents

Credit: Wilco

Credit: Kurt Menliff
    Regards, Al

?

Good evening Aldo (at least good evening over here in Europe),
    does your response refer to my post? No error of your's, you are absolutely right, no stamps on the back of the visors/peaks more often than not!

?

Read post #8 of this thread. Apparently the prong of the chinstrap inserted through the rzm tag is a good sign

Black Cap for Identification
    Regards, Al

?

Just found one with the stamp here (F.-B.'s [still mourning about his being banned] post # 3):

Black SS visor

?

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Just found one with the stamp here (F.-B.'s [still mourning about his being banned] post # 3):

Black SS visor
    Yes, that's good enough for me. I would happily buy the o/p cap if I could. I certainly have enough insignia to add on. F-B lives on in the forum despite the banishment. I still learn so much from his detailed posts.
    Regards, Al

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast