Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Assistance with Infantry UnterOffizier Cap

Article about: Gentlemen, could I ask your assistance in authenticating this Infantry Officers Cap please. I am considering purchasing it. It does have a small tear on the back of the hat, which has been r

Default Assistance with Infantry UnterOffizier Cap

Gentlemen, could I ask your assistance in authenticating this Infantry Officers Cap please. I am considering purchasing it. It does have a small tear on the back of the hat, which has been repaired. Once again, thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Infantry UnterOffizier Cap   Assistance with Infantry UnterOffizier Cap  

Assistance with Infantry UnterOffizier Cap   Assistance with Infantry UnterOffizier Cap  

Assistance with Infantry UnterOffizier Cap   Assistance with Infantry UnterOffizier Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Infantry UnterOffizier Cap
    P
    Many

?

There is something odd about this cap - it looks like as if the piping has been changed - question is when was this done? You can see where the white piping overlaps which was the exception to the rule and didn't happen in early caps like these, it also isn't even in all places. I also suppose that the tear of the top panel is intentional to adjust it to the piping. The material of the piping also doesn't correspond to the Abzeichentuch it was made of usually.

One explication could be that the original piping was eaten by moths etc. and was therefore (not very professionally) replaced.
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 05-17-2022 at 07:56 PM.

Thanks Erwesa, your feedback and observations are appreciated. That area you identified and mentioned is where the piping does not look right, because Of a cut that has occurred in the hat. It has been repaired but the line up job of the piping is a lot to be desired. Thanks again, cheers.