Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Authentic (Panzer Cap)?

Article about: Hello everyone, I am really considering purchasing this cap, I just want to check out that it's authentic. It's a Panzer Officer's Side Cap and I think it belonged to a Panzer Support unit.

Default Authentic (Panzer Cap)?

Hello everyone,

I am really considering purchasing this cap, I just want to check out that it's authentic. It's a Panzer Officer's Side Cap and I think it belonged to a Panzer Support unit. Nice and worn, filled with moth holes but I like it. Opinions? Thanks!

-Jamie

Authentic (Panzer Cap)?Authentic (Panzer Cap)?Authentic (Panzer Cap)?Authentic (Panzer Cap)?Authentic (Panzer Cap)?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic (Panzer Cap)?
    P
    Many

The waffenfarbe looks orange to me so field police?...

A good cap, hard tp tell the colour given the fading etc.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The seller said they used Orange for Panzer Support Units. Pink for normal Heer attached Panzer Units, and black for Panzer SS and some army panzer units I think.

Quote by AfrikaKorps1942 View Post
    The seller said they used Orange for Panzer Support Units. Pink for normal Heer attached Panzer Units, and black for Panzer SS and some army panzer units I think.
    Black soutache would be for pioneers.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by AfrikaKorps1942 View Post
    This is a case where you could debunk the seller's tale of the waffenfarbe color with a good reference book.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

So it may not be Panzer...? I've seen similar examples with the same colour waffenfarbe from militaria sites and they were the same colour they said it was actually pink in colour, however, the years of fading have turned it into an orange colour... or did Panzer have orange for support units, or is that not a thing? Not an expert here, but if it's Panzer I'm interested in the item. Here's a similar one listed on another militaria site, listed as a panzer and looks similar.

Authentic (Panzer Cap)?

Hello,

The colors orange, red and pink tend to fade and discolor a lot. Look behind the fold of the cap to see if the soutauche ends were put through. This will give you the true color. If the ends are not through the fold, lift up the edge of the soutauche and look at the bottom of it where it was not exposed to sunlight.

Overall it appears to be a very nice tailor made hat with matching bullion insignia.

Fred

Unfortunately I cannot hold in my hands yet, as it will be an online sale. In the event that it's not pink or red and it really is orange, did Panzer units have orange support units? Pink was normal Heer Attached Panzers, and red was armoured artillery if I'm correct? And of course the black caps were worn by some Heer units and Panzer SS?

Hello,

If not pink soutauche it is not panzer nor panzer related. The soutauche is for a specific branch of service. I would be of your interest to request photos of those area I just told you about. A reputable dealer can usually find time to do this.

This hat even with the pink soutauche is most likely for an anti tank officer and not a Tank commander. Panzer overseas caps are usually black.

Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast