Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bergmutze from the trash

Article about: So I found this Bergmutze in the trash and its pretty interesting because of the dark green piping and the winter quilted padding on the inside. The dark green piping could be for either zol

?

Default Bergmutze from the trash

So I found this Bergmutze in the trash and its pretty interesting because of the dark green piping and the winter quilted padding on the inside. The dark green piping could be for either zoll, jaeger, or maybe grenadier. There are a few markings on the inside that I cant make out but I can see that one says 526. I heard that the markings could be from Czech films. I have looked and looked and I could not find a single Bergmutze that has the same quilted padding as this one. I also am not sure if it is actually original since it looks like it is but these days fakes look almost identical to the originals. If anybody has any information about what this might be, let me know.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bergmutze from the trash
    P
    Many

?

Default Bergmutze from the trash

So I found this Bergmutze in the trash and its pretty interesting because of the dark green piping and the winter quilted padding on the inside. The dark green piping could be for either zoll, jaeger, or maybe grenadier. There are a few markings on the inside that I cant make out but I can see that one says 526. I heard that the markings could be from Czech films. I have looked and looked and I could not find a single Bergmutze that has the same quilted padding as this one. I also am not sure if it is actually original since it looks like it is but these days fakes look almost identical to the originals. If anybody has any information about what this might be, let me know. Here is the forum I original posted this in because I cant post pictures through a phone. Field cap from the trash - CAN YOU IDENTIFY THIS? - World Militaria Forum

Uploading a picture would help...

Regards
    Santi

Jan
    ?

I have uploaded photos of the cap from your post on another forum.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bergmutze from the trash   Bergmutze from the trash  

Bergmutze from the trash   Bergmutze from the trash  

Bergmutze from the trash  

Something the Von Trapps may have worn perhaps?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Certainly a touch of the Austrian about it..

Forstschutz/Forestry, perhaps?

I have seen the quilted lining on other Bergmuetze. I can't say if this is WW2 era or after but it looks like the WW2 examples I have seen. NH

?

Where have you seen quilted lining on the bergmutze before? Can you find a picture?

?

The only Bergmütze/Einheitsfeldmütze/M43 with dark green piping I know of are customs/Zoll caps, see here (they are also quilted):

Customs mountain cap with odd stamping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast