Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Extra Classe a legitimate cap maker ?

Article about: I'm trying to learn to distinguish fake cap makers from authentic. The question is simple, is Extra Classe strictly a fake maker or is it also found on authentic caps. I'm well aware of the

?

Default Extra Classe a legitimate cap maker ?

I'm trying to learn to distinguish fake cap makers from authentic. The question is simple, is Extra Classe strictly a fake maker or is it also found on authentic caps. I'm well aware of the Janke fakes many of which are marked like this. I'm not asking to authenticate the cap below with one lousy picture, just to rule it out if that type of interior is completely fake. thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, Al

Extra Classe a legitimate cap maker ?Extra Classe a legitimate cap maker ?
    Last edited by Aldo; 10-01-2020 at 03:03 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Extra Classe a legitimate cap maker ?
    P
    Many

Hey Aldo, my take on it is the Extra Klasse is both a legitimate WWII maker & then post WWII. It’s a really good question & there’s people here who can elaborate on that.

?

Thank you I'm trying to learn ways to eliminate outright fakes before I proceed with more investigation into a cap. Thanks for your take. Al

?

From my knowledge, Extra classe indicates JC Kornacker which was a legitimate maker.

Quote by Sensei View Post
    From my knowledge, Extra classe indicates JC Kornacker which was a legitimate maker.
    Tobias and Alexander are right. More can be found here:

Maker Study: J.C. Kornacker of Hildesheim (Marke Standard)

Regards,
    Miguel.

?

Thank you Tobias and Miguel. Now that you have made the connection for me with J.C. Kornacker I can now study examples. I was looking for Extra Classe and only found fake Janke caps.

I have a black top SS visor by Gundermann & Kornacker a different maker

Al, the Janke Extra Klasse visors are fairly easy to spot--they all use the same sweatband attachment.
    This company in the UK sells only Jankes with the Extra Klasse logo:

Extra Klasse
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Thank you, I’ve visited that website already for answers but they don’t show interior pictures of the caps so I don’t know what to look for. Are you referring to that small bow attachment prevalent on most of these caps ? If so isn't that easy enough to remove to further deceive.

Al

Janke Headgear

With Janke headgear, there are several things to look out for. They can look either too new or artificially aged, although some can start to show convincing age (Janke has been around for a very long time) Most of his visors share common characteristics, including the shape, and they can vary in quality, older ones probably being better. The sweat shield is plastic, and the maker's logo is usually a crude or inaccurate copy if not a fantasy one (for example Hatrika).

His visors usually lack the cross-hatched underside and they are not lacquered the same way as originals. In LW ones you will find green pebbled underside. Another characteristic is that many of his caps use sweatbands that can look too shiny and stamped with "Deutsches Industrie", which has yet to be seen on originals. Trikot examples also show a very characteristic weave. Other clues such as the lining can also be a give away. For officer's hats he uses reverse-twist cords with plastic inserts, but this, of course can be easily changed as well as the insignia.

Then there are Jankes that have been "improved" with original parts...

These are merely some general guidelines, but I hope it helps.

?

Thanks for the insight. I have to start studying images like I did with the skulls to slowly decipher the characteristics. Hopefully it will make sense to me as time goes on.

Regards, Al

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast