Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Africa Pith Helmet (Real of Fake)

Article about: Hello Forum, I recently acquired this helm at a local auction. Is there a chance it is authentic? What would be the value of a helmet like this if it were real? All the best,

?

Default German Africa Pith Helmet (Real of Fake)

Hello Forum,

I recently acquired this helm at a local auction. Is there a chance it is authentic? What would be the value of a helmet like this if it were real?

All the best,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Africa Pith Helmet (Real of Fake)   German Africa Pith Helmet (Real of Fake)  

German Africa Pith Helmet (Real of Fake)   German Africa Pith Helmet (Real of Fake)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Africa Pith Helmet (Real of Fake)
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    It looks to be original although it is in rough condition. The cork lining has been crushed at some point in time.
    We are not a free appraisal service but I can suggest you search on some dealer's sites and you should be able to find some examples to compare pricewise.
    There is actually a later model for sale right now in our Classifieds section. See here,
    1942 dated Heer DAK tropical pith helmet - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

rbminis,

Great! At least I know it is real. Thank you for the quick response! I have a similar thread about a steel helmet I recently bought as well if you know anything about those I would greatly appreciate any feedback (Steel Luftwaffe (real or fake?)). I look forward to learning more through this forum.

All the best,