Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Africa Pith Helmet (Real of Fake)

Article about: I would like to post this helmet I acquired not so long ago. Can anyone tell me if real or fake. Any more pictures I can post more. I tried to take pictures from all angles.

Default German Africa Pith Helmet (Real of Fake)

I would like to post this helmet I acquired not so long ago.
    Can anyone tell me if real or fake. Any more pictures I can post more. I tried to take pictures from all angles.Attachment 1467547Attachment 1467549Attachment 1467550Attachment 1467551Attachment 1467552Attachment 1467553Attachment 1467554Attachment 1467555

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Africa Pith Helmet (Real of Fake)
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Pith looks fine to me. What I can't say is if the insignia is correct. Most likely they are good but I know there are copies/fakes. Are there extra holes on the inside where the prongs go through?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ist pattern sun helmet looks good but shields look soft in detail so are giving me pause....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I get more pictures done tonight.

Agree with Danmark on the shields.. Looks like replicas imo.. Here you can compare with the shields from one of my pith helmets.

I agree, bad badges, especially when compared to Lt. Colonel Ullergaard's examples... easy enough to find a set of good ones though,
    they don't cost too much.

Season's Greetings,

Bob

Agree with all above. These are not terribly rare but this first pattern is in excellent shape with the leather edging and chin strap so it is worth pursuing. 100 bucks or so should get you a new set of insignia. If the price is right, you should get it. NH

These are known as Troppenhelm. I had to replace my insignia so here is a side by side comparison of the Adler insignia to further help you locate originals. An original on the left - note the sharper details in head, feathers and talons. Close up shows it in more detail. NH

German Africa Pith Helmet (Real of Fake)German Africa Pith Helmet (Real of Fake)

MAP
    ?

I remember seeing somewhere a thread on these shields. Not sure if it was here or somewhere else. There were different makers I think with different characteristics and level of detail.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree, you need to find yourself some new shields for this pith.
    Here is a pair of originals I own to compare.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast