Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Artillery Visor questions

Article about: Hello All, I was wondering what you guys thought of this? Any help or comments regarding it being authentic would be appreciated. I think its legit but always nice to get opinions.

Default German Artillery Visor questions

Hello All,

I was wondering what you guys thought of this? Any help or comments regarding it being authentic would be appreciated. I think its legit but always nice to get opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Artillery Visor questions   German Artillery Visor questions  

German Artillery Visor questions   German Artillery Visor questions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Artillery Visor questions
    P
    Many

?

Looks convincing. Very high crown. The eagle is placed quite high on the cap and there are some discolorations to be seen around it - perhaps a replacement, there could have been an embroidered one on the cap originally. The bill is very steep, this would be one for stonemint's thread here: Post Your Extreme-Angled Visors

Here is Krebs' entry in the Halle/S addressbook:

Thanks for the information! I was wondering about the eagle myself, but when carefully pulling it away, it doesn't appear to show any other holes from a prior eagle. Then I wasn't sure about the darker colored interior but appeared to match the label well. I do not have access to that Halle/S addressbook, so I appreciate that a lot. I honestly never considered the steep rake before. But now seeing the other post you provided I feel more confident.

?

Krebs seems to have moved between 1939 and 1943 from Bernburger Straße to Ulrichstraße (the street shown in the cap). He was a Mützenmachermeister = master cap maker.

A pity we can't phone him any longer!

ErWesa....I totally agree. It would make for a great conversation. Especially to ask that question now regarding the rake. Thank you for that additional information regarding his move. It does help date the visor to a more closer time frame!