Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Infantry Officer visor for dicussion.

Article about: Gents, I saw the visor below on Ratisbon's and I may be tempted to bid on it. It's not the best looking example, the wreath has corrosion but the shape really appeals to me, matches an artil

?

Default Heer Infantry Officer visor for dicussion.

Gents, I saw the visor below on Ratisbon's and I may be tempted to bid on it. It's not the best looking example, the wreath has corrosion but the shape really appeals to me, matches an artillery cap in my collection. Sometimes, the look of a cap just does it for you.
    Anyway, I will attach photos from Ratisbon's site for your perusal and critique. Other than the replacement eagle and corrosion to the wreath, I was wondering about the line of brown thread around the rim, below the white piping. Is this a sign of something amiss or normal for this maker?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Infantry Officer visor for dicussion.   Heer Infantry Officer visor for dicussion.  

Heer Infantry Officer visor for dicussion.   Heer Infantry Officer visor for dicussion.  

Heer Infantry Officer visor for dicussion.   Heer Infantry Officer visor for dicussion.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Infantry Officer visor for dicussion.
    P
    Many

?

A few more.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Infantry Officer visor for dicussion.   Heer Infantry Officer visor for dicussion.  

?

The cap itself is an original piece - seems to have started life as an EM/NCO's cap - saucer shape and lining are a hint of this. The seam at the bottom should not be visible but this happened. There are stitches getting loose/already missing around the edges of the bill and the lining (at the back). This should/could be carefully repaired to prevent further damage.

?

I appreciate your reply, many thanks.
    Of course, now I look at it, the shape and lining is indicative of an NCO cap. My initial thought was it had been put together due to the exposed brown thread but I guess it could just be a Friday afternoon piece.

TWS
    ?

I see no red flags. Those exposed stitches are observed sometimes. It definitely started life as an issue contract piece, so it's been upgraded to officer at some point. That did happen in the period and I have one example in my collection that I am completely comfortable with.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."