Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Officers Visor or??? Please Help

Article about: Hello, I was offered this Visor in trade. I see that it is authentic. My concern is the piping. Can anyone enlighten me what this visor was for? I believe the nametag inside implies Infantry

Default Heer Officers Visor or??? Please Help

Hello, I was offered this Visor in trade. I see that it is authentic. My concern is the piping. Can anyone enlighten me what this visor was for? I believe the nametag inside implies Infantry but the piping is not white. Thanks in advance!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Officers Visor or??? Please Help   Heer Officers Visor or??? Please Help  

Heer Officers Visor or??? Please Help   Heer Officers Visor or??? Please Help  

Heer Officers Visor or??? Please Help   Heer Officers Visor or??? Please Help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Officers Visor or??? Please Help
    P
    Many

A defaced infantry cap. A very real cap. If the man then became motor infantry I will leave to someone else, but I have seen many caps altered from infantry in my fifty years of collecting. Silly and stupid vandalism. You could try to find his record if there is some reason for the alteration.

- - ------- - -

8 machine gun company, Infantry Regiment 5.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-11-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Heer Officers Visor or??? Please HelpHeer Officers Visor or??? Please HelpHeer Officers Visor or??? Please HelpHeer Officers Visor or??? Please Helpcollectors do huge damage to these items out of whatever berserk ideas seize them....

Infantry is every bit as solid a thing to collect as some glamorous Quatsch.
    I just got lost in this part of Dresden, where this cap originated in the Alberststadt.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-11-2015 at 11:28 PM.

so this cap is?

"A very real cap" as FB stated. However, again as stated, the waffenfarbe has been recoloured.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    "A very real cap" as FB stated. However, again as stated, the waffenfarbe has been recoloured.
    Thank you, Adrian, and remind me to exert myself less in cases like this.

Heer Officers Visor or??? Please Helpviz:

de·face
    dəˈfās/
    verb
    past tense: defaced; past participle: defaced

spoil the surface or appearance of (something), e.g., by drawing or writing on it; mar or disfigure.
    "he defaced library books"
    synonyms: vandalize, disfigure, mar, spoil, ruin, sully, damage, blight, impair, trash
    "the kids were caught defacing a school building with spray paint"
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-12-2015 at 01:03 AM.

look here for more of merit, if anyone actually give a hoot.

Infanterieregiment 5 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

or...

Literatur und Quellen:
    Gerhard Lubs: Infanterie-Regiment 5. Aus der Geschichte eines pommerschen Regiments 1920 - 1945, Selbstverlag, Bochum 1965

I wonder if Mr. Mint has some examples of infantry caps that really were transformed into a Panzergrenadier cap?

As long as I have collected, I have seen infantry caps defaced into other branch colors, a repugnant form of vandalism.

I would assume that the person in question would either have the Waffenfarbe changed properly, or get a new cap, or not at all....

My bet is that this cap was defaced by collectors, especially if it is in the USA, where I live and have collected since 1963.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast