Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help With Artillery Visor Cap

Article about: Good Morning/Afternoon! This seems like the best place to ask this question. I have been a little out of touch with TR items, as my focus has been on WW1 Australian lately. I Picked up this

Default Help With Artillery Visor Cap

Good Morning/Afternoon!

This seems like the best place to ask this question. I have been a little out of touch with TR items, as my focus has been on WW1 Australian lately. I Picked up this Artillery Visor cap in a large collection and it seems to be the only one thats really throwing me off. I have made sure to browse the forums to see if I could try my best to authenticate it, but I've hit a road block. so here I am asking for some assistance, and any advice is greatly appreciated

attached are a few photos I took in the most neutral lighting, if I require more photos, I would be more than happy to provide

cheers, and merry Christmas all.
    Ant
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help With Artillery Visor Cap   Help With Artillery Visor Cap  

Help With Artillery Visor Cap   Help With Artillery Visor Cap  

Help With Artillery Visor Cap   Help With Artillery Visor Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help With Artillery Visor Cap
    P
    Many

?

The way that wreath and cockade are sewn on concerns me, an amateur replacement at best. The sweatband also looks like it was replaced. That eagle is also throwing me off. That being said wait for more opinions from the cap experts. Good Luck.
    Regards, Al

Thanks Al for your response! These are exactly the things that made me jump on here. Just a bit wishy washy on it. But hey could turn good, never know if you don’t go! Thanks again mate!

Ant, sorry it is a postwar repro.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thanks heaps mate! Not a worry at all! Came with a bunch of stuff so not a total loss! Cheers