Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hermann Göring division cap not sure original

Article about: Previously I posted a Luftwaffe officer cap on the authentication forum, I found also this presumably Hermann Göring division cap, it looks kinda strange to me, like too good condition and

Default Hermann Göring division cap not sure original

Previously I posted a Luftwaffe officer cap on the authentication forum, I found also this presumably Hermann Göring division cap, it looks kinda strange to me, like too good condition and every Hermann Göring division cap I have seen the eagle is a patch not a metal eagle like this one. The seller fixed the price in 545$, what do you think? Thank you for your answers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Göring division cap not sure original   Hermann Göring division cap not sure original  

Hermann Göring division cap not sure original  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Göring division cap not sure original
    P
    Many

I would pass on it.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by SilluAgain View Post
    Previously I posted a Luftwaffe officer cap on the authentication forum, I found also this presumably Hermann Göring division cap, it looks kinda strange to me, like too good condition and every Hermann Göring division cap I have seen the eagle is a patch not a metal eagle like this one. The seller fixed the price in 545$, what do you think? Thank you for your answers
    What do you mean by "patch" - an embroidered eagle?

I agree that were embroidered eagles on officers' caps, on EM/NCO caps they were out of metal, see here:

Hermann Goring Visor or here:

A small group of HG Division NCO/OR's visor caps or here:

HG enlisted/nco visor cap

Which changes nothing in the fact that this cap has some other issues.

Yeah, I mean embroidered eagle, thank you for the links, I think that the look quite similar to my upload photos, what issues could you see so I can discard this cap? I'm not an expert in caps sorry

See this thread for 45+ minty originals to compare & contrast:

LW-HG (Hermann Goering Division) Visors
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by SilluAgain View Post
    Yeah, I mean embroidered eagle, thank you for the links, I think that the look quite similar to my upload photos, what issues could you see so I can discard this cap? I'm not an expert in caps sorry
    That is the problem: they just look similar, the differences are, however, decisive.

Some observations with this cap: uneven piping, rough centerband, visor/peak (edging seems to be plastic not oilcloth, reverse lacks the crosshatch pattern...), lining (fabric and colour), sweatband (can't see this properly, pic is out of focus) looks like one the Janke repros, etc. etc. - if you compare the cap to the originals you'll see the differences.

TWS
    ?

Not a good cap.

Agree with the points ErWeSa listed.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thank you so much ErWeSa for yours explanations, thanks to everyone, I chose to not get it. I pass for this one. I will keep waiting.