Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Hermann Goring Division Side Cap

Article about: Hello Everyone, I am a decently experienced collector at this point and don't have any doubts that this cap was legitimately worn and used during the war. The catch is the insignia. I know g

Default Hermann Goring Division Side Cap

Hello Everyone,

I am a decently experienced collector at this point and don't have any doubts that this cap was legitimately worn and used during the war. The catch is the insignia. I know ground crew caps often get a rosette sewn on and sold as hg. The Eagle has been there forever as the lining was never removed, and none of the stitching glows under a blacklight. What do you guys think? There's not exactly much literature I was able to find about these things so any insights help. A few more things to notice: the sewing style of the rosette (not typical for lw, has black backing) the false piping on top, it is constructed of wool (most of the nap has degraded but its there under the side flaps). Thank you guys!

Sincerely, A college student trying not to get scammed!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Goring Division Side Cap   Hermann Goring Division Side Cap  

Hermann Goring Division Side Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Goring Division Side Cap
    P
    Many

I would pass on the cap. Eagle appears to be one of the fakes of this type, and the cockade is non-standard.
    Wool looks incorrect as well.

- - ------- - -

PS--welcome to the hobby, and you did right by posting here!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Goring Division Side Cap  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Agree 100% with Stonemint's comments above...

Bob

Thanks for the comments guys, you saved me a lot of money! I have an imperial German collection and I think I'll be sticking to that from now on. Too many fakes and too much money on the line for WWII stuff. Much appreciated!