Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hertlein visor authentic ?

Article about: I need help to determine if this visor by Hertlein is authentic. After reading the excellent thread below it's apparent that this maker is often faked. While Stonemint points out the typical

?

Default Hertlein visor authentic ?

I need help to determine if this visor by Hertlein is authentic. After reading the excellent thread below it's apparent that this maker is often faked. While Stonemint points out the typical wartime features, I'm still not sure.

The interior looks right with logo oriented correctly

Hertlein visor authentic ?Hertlein visor authentic ?

Reference thread: reichsleiter by hertlein

Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hertlein visor authentic ?
    P
    Many

?

It is a nicely made cap and the Hertlein logo is correctly oriented, yet it seems to be stamped in on the outside of the sweatshield (and therefore quite abraded). The least problem are the cap cords which seem to be the GDR version. Then there is the velvet - I can't see it very well, but it could be an issue. Hertlein seems to have used several variants of sweatband-systems, so perhaps also this one. Then there are three other things here that make me think, one of them is the colour (could be lighting or my screen) another one is the construction/shape - won't elaborate on the third, fakers shouldn't profit from the forum. Hopefully I am contradicted soon.
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 05-13-2022 at 05:50 PM.

?

Thank you for your in depth analysis. The cap cord evaded me as I don't know the difference. The velvet occurred to me but the photo's don't reveal much and I don't expect to get any more. as for the color I agree it's slightly off. As usual these caps are source of frustration for less knowledgeable collectors like myself. there are so many levels of fakery it's hard to keep up with them. If you could PM the third irregularity perhaps I can learn something, I will not reveal it in any case.

Thanks, Al
    Regards, Al

Al, it had a Heer eagle on it at one time--the imprint alone gives it away as to what it originally was.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Al: sent mail

?

For the cords there is a thread somewhere on the forum, I think in the paying-member-section, search for "reverse twisted cords", or see here (post # 7):

Artillery officer visor cap genuine?

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Al, it had a Heer eagle on it at one time--the imprint alone gives it away as to what it originally was.
    LOl Thanks, Shows you how little I know despite years of collecting. I thought the angular look of the eagle imprint was SS but now I realize the wingspan is shorter. I guess you tend to see what you want to see. Thanks again.
    Regards, Al

?

Another Hertlein visor I'm inclined to believe is a fake. The overall color and shape seem off to me and then there's the logo incorrectly orientated. Thoughts anyone?
    Thanks Al.

Regards, Al

?

As soon as the logo is mirrored it is no good. Here also the bill seems to have been reattached/replaced regarding the damages and perhaps the sweatband - pictures of it turned up would be helpful.

?

Thank you Wofgang, I can always depend on you to point out features I've missed. This cap was fairly convincing to me except for the logo which I have become familiar with. It's sad how many people spend hard earned money on fake items. This industry is rife with deception and greed under the guise of ignorance. This cap just sold for $7,000 and the one that started this thread is currently up to $3,000 at auction both from reputable websites.

Thanks for your input, Al
    Regards, Al

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast