Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine or Heer tropenhelm (pith helmet)? Let me know if I should post in steel helmet forum

Article about: Good evening from Ohio - Let me know if this should go in the stahlhelm forum. I believe this to be Kriegsmarine, and wanted to get some opinions here. Coming from a local vet for a super pr

Default Kriegsmarine or Heer tropenhelm (pith helmet)? Let me know if I should post in steel helmet forum

Good evening from Ohio -
    Let me know if this should go in the stahlhelm forum. I believe this to be Kriegsmarine, and wanted to get some opinions here. Coming from a local vet for a super price, so I just wanted to reach out and get some feedback. Blood rot on the liner is definitely a weird aspect. This is being included in a package deal I am picking up. Any thoughts for me? Before you say anything about the pictures, I know they suck. The guy is an absolute terrible photographer. These pics were his third attempt at sending me something different.
    Kriegsmarine or Heer tropenhelm (pith helmet)? Let me know if I should post in steel helmet forumKriegsmarine or Heer tropenhelm (pith helmet)? Let me know if I should post in steel helmet forumKriegsmarine or Heer tropenhelm (pith helmet)? Let me know if I should post in steel helmet forum

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine or Heer tropenhelm (pith helmet)? Let me know if I should post in steel helmet forum
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Has seen better days but it might respond to some TLC to get it's form back but as its not the second model made of felt it will be difficult.

from the pictures it looks like a Heer. Not a KM.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I plan on putting it on a foam head, and put a humidifier close by, hoping to bring some of the form back. It will display well, and the price is right

MAP
    ?

Member Jerry B has quite a few pith helmets. He might have some tips for you
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The green undersides and the orange interior indicates to me that this one was meant to be for Luftwaffe issue, but there were a few used by the Heer...

Bob

No concerns on authenticity though, right Bob?

Quote by gorrelljmg View Post
    No concerns on authenticity though, right Bob?
    No problems there mate, it just needs a bit of TLC...

It is fine to post here. Pith helmets, Shakos and even Vulkanfiber parade helmets are welcome.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”