Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine M40 tropical cap & Heer tropical EM/NCO cap

Article about: Hello all, These look very suspect to me (or I have not seen it all) any additional opinions please? William Kramer

Default Kriegsmarine M40 tropical cap & Heer tropical EM/NCO cap

Hello all,

These look very suspect to me (or I have not seen it all)

any additional opinions please?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine M40 tropical cap & Heer tropical EM/NCO cap   Kriegsmarine M40 tropical cap & Heer tropical EM/NCO cap  

Kriegsmarine M40 tropical cap & Heer tropical EM/NCO cap   Kriegsmarine M40 tropical cap & Heer tropical EM/NCO cap  

Kriegsmarine M40 tropical cap & Heer tropical EM/NCO cap   Kriegsmarine M40 tropical cap & Heer tropical EM/NCO cap  

Kriegsmarine M40 tropical cap & Heer tropical EM/NCO cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine M40 tropical cap & Heer tropical EM/NCO cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine M40 tropical cap & Heer tropical EM/NCO cap

Hi William, you are right. These are bad and the DAK / Luftwaffe eagle markings are bogus.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Sorry

Mickey Mouse!

thank you all for the confirmation, I appreciate the help.

William Kramer

Both caps are fake, but one has original insignia on it, whilst the other has those really bad modern German made fakes, the eagle is grim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine M40 tropical cap & Heer tropical EM/NCO cap  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry,

Can you please describe the differences in the insignia and how you can tell them apart?

William Kramer

Quote by all1knew View Post
    Jerry,

Can you please describe the differences in the insignia and how you can tell them apart?

William Kramer
    Hi William,

With fakes the easiest way to tell is on the reverse, but as these are sewn on I can't do that.

The Heer eagle is obvious because it is a horrible shiny blue unlike original and the backing is a darker brown than originals and again is very shine, the cockade is too circular and original tend to be slightly oval and have a noticeable dimple on the ends, most clearly seen on the red central part. Tjhe latter applies to both Heer and KM cockades. The Km eagle is of a type that can be similar to some fakes, but apart from the yellow eagle it is similar to the heer eagles, though there is a french made version which has some variant feature most clearly seen on the reverse, but this is not one of that type. Also with the KM eagles they can look quite shiny. The other thing to look for is the use of twisted threads in the construction in the weave of the eagle, but you need good high resolution pictures to be able to see that.

The best thing to do William is study as many known original examples as you can get your hands on or look at good pictures of them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine M40 tropical cap & Heer tropical EM/NCO cap  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.