Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for help with a pair of visors!

Article about: Hi all, I've been offered these caps by a party I don't know personally. I'm no expert when it comes to these caps and my first feeling was they were reproductions, but now I'm not so sure.

Default Looking for help with a pair of visors!

Hi all,

I've been offered these caps by a party I don't know personally. I'm no expert when it comes to these caps and my first feeling was they were reproductions, but now I'm not so sure. Hopefully someone will be able to give me a definitive answer. Hopefully I've attached these photos correctly, been awhile since my last forum post. Thanks in advance!

-Sam

Looking for help with a pair of visors!Looking for help with a pair of visors!Looking for help with a pair of visors!Looking for help with a pair of visors!Looking for help with a pair of visors!Looking for help with a pair of visors!Looking for help with a pair of visors!Looking for help with a pair of visors!Looking for help with a pair of visors!Looking for help with a pair of visors!Looking for help with a pair of visors!Looking for help with a pair of visors!Looking for help with a pair of visors!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for help with a pair of visors!
    P
    Many

Dos
    ?

The insignia on the first visor is bad. The rest looks off as well.., But can't comment on that for sure.

-Dos

Dos,

Thanks for the quick reply. That was my gut reaction as well, just a little bit off. But like i said, I have almost zero experience with this side of hats. They've allegedly been in a display case for the last 50 years, but stories are only as good as the teller.

-Sam

?

The Holters A H hat is a blatant fake - for a reproduction hat is is of veeery low quality. I don't know what the black hat with yellow piping wants to imitate - ss as written on the sweatshield? There were no black ss caps with yellow piping - so what the ....

All the material by the way is visibly brand new - sweatband etc.

Unless you can get the caps for 5 bucks, stay away - good only for halloween/carneval!
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 12-07-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Whew. That was exactly my feeling on the materials. Too new. I had already told the seller I thought the were reproductions. Their response was to drop the price from $400 each to $300 for both. Thanks for the confirmation!