Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe side cap

Article about: Hi all, this side cap Luftwaffe is for sale on the local auction portal and I do not know if it is original, please more experienced collectors for help Thanks for help Luft

?

Default Luftwaffe side cap

Hi all,
    this side cap Luftwaffe is for sale on the local auction portal and I do not know if it is original, please more experienced collectors for help
    Thanks for help
    Luft

Luftwaffe side capLuftwaffe side capLuftwaffe side capLuftwaffe side capLuftwaffe side capLuftwaffe side capLuftwaffe side capLuftwaffe side cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe side cap
    P
    Many

?

That cap does not look right to me. I own several caps and they are all made out of distinct coarse wool or a gabardine type wool in the case of an Officer's cap. That looks like a heavy cotton or burlap cut in a very sloppy manner. The insignia is suspect as well. I'm no expert in these but having handled many this cap would not be one i'd buy. Just my opinion. Here are a few of mine for visual comparison.

Regards, Al

Luftwaffe side cap

There were examples made of a material other than wool. I believe they were for mechanics and such.

Take a look at this one.
    Luftwaffe Overseas cap
    And this one from our very own Bob L.
    Luftwaffe mechanics black work side cap by Carl Halfar
    And this one.
    Luftwaffe side cap question.

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yes, there were numerous different materials used to make luftwaffe caps, but I dont like it either. The cockade isn’t the right type usually seen an almost all fliegermutze. The side profile is a little off as well.

By the way Aldo, beautiful collection of caps!

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    There were examples made of a material other than wool. I believe they were for mechanics and such.

Take a look at this one.
    Luftwaffe Overseas cap
    And this one from our very own Bob L.
    Luftwaffe mechanics black work side cap by Carl Halfar
    And this one.
    Luftwaffe side cap question.

Ralph.
    Yes Ralph you are right I have a mechanics cap made out of a herringbone twill material and an old salty cap similar to the other one in the link. The cap in the OP still doesn't look like a good one but perhaps I'm wrong. Al

Luftwaffe side capLuftwaffe side cap

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Yes Ralph you are right I have a mechanics cap made out of a herringbone twill material and an old salty cap similar to the other one in the link. The cap in the OP still doesn't look like a good one but perhaps I'm wrong. Al
    Al, I am not saying the cap that started this thread is original, I just wanted it to be clear that there are exceptions to the wool construction comment.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)