Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help authenticating an estate buy - German Heer General EREL Visor Cap

Article about: Hello all, I need help, ive spent quite awhile crawling these threads, ive read and liked and nowhere closer to having the confidence to say my cap is real. I do however have a good feeling

Default Need help authenticating an estate buy - German Heer General EREL Visor Cap

Hello all,

I need help, ive spent quite awhile crawling these threads, ive read and liked and nowhere closer to having the confidence to say my cap is real. I do however have a good feeling with 70% certainty to say the cap is not real.

However before I put it back up on display in my little museum in my basement, i wanted to ask the experts for there expertise on this cap. its going back into my museum instead of my crap bin because I won this in an estate auction it was for a man I never met and never known but he passed away and his estate went up for sale.

He was known for being a collector of German Militaria, his name is William Alan Alsman perhaps at some time he was a member here and some of you may have known him, anyhoo, from his obituary it seemed that this hobby and dancing was his two most favorite things to do, because of this, wether its real or a copy, it wont go up for sale unless someone buys ALL of his hats from me, and it wont go in my crap bin. i won all of his c
    aps and a helmet, 9 of them total, this is just one of them.
    I would also like to say that, through my weeks of googling this forums and google, I havent found a single hat with a black and white erel tag.

also, i was told by an acquaintance on facebook that it appeared the front wire was removed which is why it doesn't sit like a typical erel cap.

anyway in the words of one of my favorite rock bands, let's get "on with the show".

My apologies to anyone still on dialup.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help authenticating an estate buy - German Heer General EREL Visor Cap
    P
    Many

Your instincts were correct--it is a complete reproduction, sorry.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Your instincts were correct--it is a complete reproduction, sorry.
    Please don't apologize, I'm glad my quest is over. Haha

Thank you Stonemint.
    Last edited by MakaMaleko; 01-20-2023 at 12:55 PM.

?

Agreed total post war reproduction