Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NEED HELP! M43 Platane3 cap

Article about: Need help! Thanks Can someone tell me something about this stamp and type? Are there other hats of this type in collections? Any original photograph available? Find of a field cap M43 in the

Default NEED HELP! M43 Platane3 cap

Need help! Thanks

Can someone tell me something about this stamp and type? Are there other hats of this type in collections? Any original photograph available?

Find of a field cap M43 in the pattern of the tropical cap made of camouflage fabric Platane3. The upper right stripe of the cap made of a different camouflage material is striking. Also striking is the misprint (stripes) on the cap peak. I received this hat with two splitter awnings near Riesa (Germany) as a result of clearing out a house in a bundle.

NEED HELP! M43 Platane3 capNEED HELP! M43 Platane3 capNEED HELP! M43 Platane3 capNEED HELP! M43 Platane3 capNEED HELP! M43 Platane3 cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NEED HELP! M43 Platane3 cap
    P
    Many

The stamp is bogus and never existed historically.

The whole thing is a post war copy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you very much for the detailed answer!

Who produced this camouflage material with the distinctive defects after 8.5.1945?

Is this stamp documented on further copies?

Are there identical copies?

Why is a copy based on the tropical cap and not the common model?

A reproduction in this configuration seems illogical to me. There are several camouflage variants integrated in the cap.

some further details of the fabric. Thanks!

NEED HELP! M43 Platane3 capNEED HELP! M43 Platane3 capNEED HELP! M43 Platane3 cap

The problem is since 1945 people have been making reproduction SS caps. This really took off in the 1970's. They have used old original materials or made new reproduction printed cloth. Repro printed cloth is now made all around the world.

That stamp really kills it for me. Had that not been there, I would have said it was made not to decieve, but as a cap for working or hunting etc.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks! I am aware that a lot has been reproduced since 1945. I myself am involved in my company with the reconstruction of Bf109 aircraft parts.

This is not a classic reproduction fieldcap here. You can't dismiss that so easily.

My question again:

Are there other exact early copies of caps made of highly authentic camouflage fabric known in the exact pattern of the tropic cap (pictures or link)? Are other miscellaneous copies with this stamp known?

check following link with identical cut:

IMCS Militaria | Deutsches Afrika Korps M43 Cap “Pioniere”

Put it this way, I have collected for 47 years and I have not seen one before if that helps?

Cheers, Ade.

CBH
    ?

The pattern doesn’t matter when it has a Big Red Flag like that stamp.
    Fake stamps equals a fake cap.

Hello, my ex-cap, from the Benamou collection, bought in 1970, sold last year.

NEED HELP! M43 Platane3 cap
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

What is the basis for your assessment that it is a fake stamp? Have you ever seen this stamp on a copy like this? The company "TEXLED" produced camouflage clothing in Ravensbrück during the Second World War.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast