Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with this visor cap.

Article about: So I purchased this visor from a very reputable dealer that's been dealing in miltaria for over 50 years. I just had a couple of questions tho. Now besides the condition being dead mint that

Default Need help with this visor cap.

So I purchased this visor from a very reputable dealer that's been dealing in miltaria for over 50 years. I just had a couple of questions tho. Now besides the condition being dead mint that's honestly what scares me the most. I know that doesn't mean anything necessarily My two questions are do you guys feel its authentic as the date stamp with the day month and year I've honestly never seen. Only just the year. And also is this cap Transportation or is it Propoganda? I feel like it's more propaganda cause of the grey color.Thanks so much for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with this visor cap.   Need help with this visor cap.  

Need help with this visor cap.   Need help with this visor cap.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with this visor cap.
    P
    Many

[QUOTE=Antlerslayer72;2132392]So I purchased this visor from a very reputable dealer that's been dealing in miltaria for over 50 years. I just had a couple of questions tho. Now besides the condition being dead mint that's honestly what scares me the most. I know that doesn't mean anything necessarily My two questions are do you guys feel its authentic as the date stamp with the day month and year I've honestly never seen. Only just the year. And also is this cap Transportation or is it Propoganda? I feel like it's more propaganda cause of the grey color.Thanks so much for your help. Also I should add it definitely has an old smell to it. The silky liner on the inside if the cap is stained darker where the oils of the head would have stained it as well as the inside of the liner where the vents are has some very light white mold on it.

?

This is an easy one: Janke copy. Not sure about the insignia though - they sure look better than the usual fakes. Perhaps at least these are original.

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    This is an easy one: Janke copy. Not sure about the insignia though - they sure look better than the usual fakes. Perhaps at least these are original.
    Seriously? Well this was supposed to be a Christmas present. Now I'm just sick to my stomach.

?

Sorry! If you don't believe me (what I can understand - who am I?) wait for the experts' opinions. Just one hint: there was no Wolfsdorff cap maker in Breslau.

Here is the addressbook entry for "Mützen" in Breslau of 1943:

[ATTACH.=CONFIG]1468010[/ATTACH]

Wolfsdorff has existed but they sold cigars.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with this visor cap.  

Thanks man. I definitely appreciate the help.

Wolfgang is correct. An Emil Wolsdorff did exist, but he was a cigar maker (hence the crossed cigars that make up the logo.)
    The insignia may be original (they are not typical Janke insignia).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Wolfgang is correct. An Emil Wolsdorff did exist, but he was a cigar maker (hence the crossed cigars that make up the logo.)
    The insignia may be original (they are not typical Janke insignia).
    Thanks for the info you guys. Much appreciated. Now just for future reference tho I do remember people talking about there were a lot of small time manufacturers and to not necessarily judge a hat just cause you cant reference the manufacturer. To go by more material and construction. Is that true?

Stonemint is our resident cap expert, and I am sure if there were a possibility, he would have said so.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Stonemint is our resident cap expert, and I am sure if there were a possibility, he would have said so.
    Ralph.
    That's awesome. I mean I'm sure the guy I bought it from will take it back so that's at least some consolation. But it ruins the Christmas present for my dad as I won't be able to get him anything in time. Just a lousy deal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast