Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinons valued

Article about: Suspicious of this cap - been offered it at 125 euros. No expert so wouldn't have the first clue.

RTH
    ?

Default Opinons valued

Suspicious of this cap - been offered it at 125 euros. No expert so wouldn't have the first clue.
    Opinons valuedOpinons valuedOpinons valuedOpinons valuedOpinons valued

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinons valued
    P
    Many

It's not good, save your money!

?

This one is really funny! It is a W-German BRD-FRG police cap with a Bundesgrenzschutz-cap eagle. Can't decipher what the text under (plastic-) sweatshield says but it might be a further giveaway.

Here is how they look like originally:

Opinons valued

RTH
    ?

Thanks very much for the advice = apreciate it

The cockade may be original WWII but the cap is post war as indicated. As such, if it was REAL cheap and you needed to replace a cockade on an original Schirmmütze this might be handy. Barring that, a nearly worthless Frankenstein. Neil

I would pay more than €125 for this cap personally. The cockade & the silvered chin chord look very high quality to me.

These BGS West German caps are very undervalued as well. But in Germany they can command high prices as there’s a nostalgia associated with the force there.

Very Collectable item, the BGS cockade could be easily sourced too. To say that this is worthless is wrong. The cockade is worth €80, the chin chord €50, the cap itself €50 the pebbled buttons €5 & the BGS eagle €5, so I would value it at €190, personally that is what I would pay.

Here is my BGS cap, practically mint and never worn.

Cheers,
    Steve

Opinons valuedOpinons valuedOpinons valuedOpinons valued

?

Quote by alexander11 View Post
    I would pay more than €125 for this cap personally. The cockade & the silvered chin chord look very high quality to me.

These BGS West German caps are very undervalued as well. But in Germany they can command high prices as there’s a nostalgia associated with the force there.

Very Collectable item, the BGS cockade could be easily sourced too. To say that this is worthless is wrong. The cockade is worth €80, the chin chord €50, the cap itself €50 the pebbled buttons €5 & the BGS eagle €5, so I would value it at €190, personally that is what I would pay.

I wouldn't and this is why:

BGS:Mutzenkranz mit Kokarde altsilber 50 x 60 mm (16) | eBay
    BGS:Mutzenkranz mit Kokarde silbern 50 x 60 mm (24) | eBay
    WH-Mutzenkranz fur die Schirmmutze 2.WK | eBay
    Wehrmacht Heer Mutzenkranz mit Kokarde fur Schirmmutze | eBay

BGS Uniform Schirmmutze Gr.57/58 Meister im Bundesgrenzschutz Bundespolizei | eBay
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/264975216894...4AAOSwsppf1iFD
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/254951101124...QAAOSwpgRgbhOm

- - ------- - -

Yes but maybe the original poster has a different budget. Just my opinion & I’m prepared to take some backlash for it.

But this rates well in my book compared to the rubbish that they’ve been asking about from Nick Barber’s Auction of all U.K. mass produced German WW2 replica.

At least this is genuine issued uniform. Personally I would take issued items over any U.K. mass produced or Chinese mass produced replicas.

If he bargained with the seller & got this for under €100 I think it would be a good start, it’s in nice condition.

Something that is often overlooked on this forum is the fact that not everyone interested in these items can afford to pay £1,000 for a genuine WW2 cap every month to Regimentals as many seem to do here. Original poster also note that even so called reputable dealers will try to fraudulently sell you caps for £1,000 which are in fact high quality replicas.

You will not find anything genuine looking in places like Nick Barbers Auction which he had recently where the entirety of the lots were from a warehouse of replica German WW2 items, all sold under the pretence or originals. Lockdales is another to avoid, they sell the same replicas Nick Barber sells.

If I were you I would just negotiate with the seller & save yourself a lot of hardship, pain & money trying to find originals. It’s too long ago WW2, the marked is flooded with fakes, many of which are even accepted as originals now.

Bottom line, the item which you asked about, it’s a nice item, everything has its price. Offer maybe €75 for it & grab yourself a bargain unless you want to stump up a grand to a dealer for one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast