MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

OrPo Officer's Visor Cap

Article about: Want everyone's opinion on this. Allegedly originally obtained in 1988, from a German Vet who stated he was a Policeman in Hannover and Berlin during the war. Apparently it's size 56 and the

Default OrPo Officer's Visor Cap

Want everyone's opinion on this. Allegedly originally obtained in 1988, from a German Vet who stated he was a Policeman in Hannover and Berlin during the war. Apparently it's size 56 and the celluloid diamond reads: Sonderklasse, Wilhelm Schwarte, Berlin G 2, and what may be Schillerstr. 22. I cannot provide any better/closer pictures because the item isn't mine. Any opinions will be appreciated. It apparently also comes with a handwritten letter from the vet gifting the cap. Thanks a lot!

OrPo Officer's Visor CapOrPo Officer's Visor CapOrPo Officer's Visor CapOrPo Officer's Visor CapOrPo Officer's Visor CapOrPo Officer's Visor CapOrPo Officer's Visor CapOrPo Officer's Visor CapOrPo Officer's Visor CapOrPo Officer's Visor Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OrPo Officer's Visor Cap
    P
    Many

?

Judging from these pictures the cap is orginal. I can't say anything to the insignia, as I don't know a thing of these.

Schwarte was a tailor, so he didn't make the cap, and he had is shop in Schillingstraße, see here:

OrPo Officer's Visor Cap

Thanks for the information on the hat. I appreciate your help looking at it.

?

The insignia is a first pattern early Police eagle consistent with that style of cap. It looks like a really fine quality visor. A nice closeup straight on shot of the badge would be better but I have no reason to believe it would be a fake. Here is one from my collection for comparison.

OrPo Officer's Visor Cap
    Regards, Al

Thanks so much for your information. Love the pic of the first pattern Eagle as well