Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzer XX Schiffchen

Article about: Hi Guys, I've received an offer for a Panzer Schiffchen headgear which isn’t part of my collecting area and I’m unable to rate it. The small common experience I have in collecting says stay

Default Panzer XX Schiffchen

Hi Guys,
    I've received an offer for a Panzer Schiffchen headgear which isn’t part of my collecting area and I’m unable to rate it. The small common experience I have in collecting says stay away from it, it’s fake. This is statement is based on the following alarm signs:

1) The seller has a story to the Schiffchen but can’t say if it’s fake or not -> probably fake
    2) Looks unworn, nearly mint condition -> probably fake
    3) It’s from the XX -> fake

Panzer XX SchiffchenPanzer XX SchiffchenPanzer XX SchiffchenPanzer XX SchiffchenPanzer XX SchiffchenPanzer XX Schiffchen

I’m probably wasting your time (which is not my intention) but if some guys like to give any comment’s to help me identify if its repro or not, it would be great. If it’s a real one, I may probably (not) show you a nice piece of history.

BR Hermann

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer XX Schiffchen
    P
    Many

It is a complete repro. Where to start?

OK:

Wrong cut
    Wrong insignia placement for this pattern of cap
    Wrong RB number for Salzburg ( I won't tell the fakers the right one)
    Wrong materials
    Wrong angle of the Soutach
    Poor repro insignia
    Soutach was out of use before the RB number system came it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Adrian,
    Thanks a lot for your time by helping me with this question! Is there another obvious sign that its fake?

Have a nice evening

BR Hermann

Added the reasons to my original post for you Hermann.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,
    @ BR Hermann, for you to know, here no need to replace SS by XX.....SS letters are allowed here...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hi Adrian,
    I really appretchiate your help for a newbie. Thanks for the lessons I learned today from you and great that you keep your secrets. The repro quality gets better and better and makes our lifes even harder.

Btw, its ok for me if you erase the fake hints to keep them secret!

Br
    Hermann

Hi Philipp,
    Thanks a lot for the clarification with the SS. In my country even the swastika isn't illegal but I like this great forum a lot and I would not take the risk to be banned!
    Br
    Hermann

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It is a complete repro. Where to start?

OK:

Wrong cut
    Wrong insignia placement for this pattern of cap
    Wrong RB number for Salzburg ( I won't tell the fakers the right one)
    Wrong materials
    Wrong angle of the Soutach
    Poor repro insignia
    Soutach was out of use before the RB number system came it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hello Ade,
    I don't doubt there was a RB number for Salzburg, but was there a LAGO Salzburg? First time I see this here.
    BR
    ErWeSa

eh...photos Virtual Grenadier.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer XX Schiffchen   Panzer XX Schiffchen  

Quote by Hermannn View Post
    Hi Philipp,
    Thanks a lot for the clarification with the SS. In my country even the swastika isn't illegal but I like this great forum a lot and I would not take the risk to be banned!
    Br
    Hermann
    We respect the law in continental Europe, but such is not applicable here beyond the fact that this is a strictly apolitical website and we tolerate no neo Nazis.
    If you are interested in the regalia, no where else in the firmament is better than here, thanks to Adrian and his people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast