Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible Transitional Polize visor cap - opinions needed!

Article about: Hi all, This is yet another part of a small estate I've been offered including daggers, medals and cloth items, one of which is this hat. There are a couple of reproductions in the collectio

Default Possible Transitional Polize visor cap - opinions needed!

Hi all,

This is yet another part of a small estate I've been offered including daggers, medals and cloth items, one of which is this hat. There are a couple of reproductions in the collection so I know the original owner wasn't above a fake or two for display.

I can't see a visible maker anywhere on the portions of the hat that are photographed so far. Worn off perhaps? Never marked? Unfortunately this item is too far away for me to drive and hold in my hands, not to mention the raging pandemic...

After scouring the threads here, the badge appears to be Polize, missing the cockade(?) on the center top. Parts of the hat look very close to those shown here in the Transitional Visor Cap thread. However, I didn't find an exact match for the felt band color or really the badge color for that matter. Hard to tell if the piping is pinkish, or just faded red with poor lighting, I'm leaning faded red. Condition overall looks pretty decent to me, but again, I'm very new to visor caps. There are two long service police medals also in the estate so it's possible they're related, but no way of knowing that for sure.

I'm just looking for authentication or confirmation for fakery, not valuation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the photo angles, it's all I've gotten so far from the seller.

Thanks in advance!

-Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible Transitional Polize visor cap - opinions needed!   Possible Transitional Polize visor cap - opinions needed!  

Possible Transitional Polize visor cap - opinions needed!   Possible Transitional Polize visor cap - opinions needed!  

Possible Transitional Polize visor cap - opinions needed!   Possible Transitional Polize visor cap - opinions needed!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible Transitional Polize visor cap - opinions needed!
    P
    Many