Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Quality repro? Visor cap of the WW2 Wehrmacht

Article about: Good day Gents, this is going to be my last post for a while following on from my full search through eBay Germany looking for hot items in Auctions. This item is just described as Wehrmacht

Default Quality repro? Visor cap of the WW2 Wehrmacht

Good day Gents, this is going to be my last post for a while following on from my full search through eBay Germany looking for hot items in Auctions.

This item is just described as Wehrmacht WW2 visor cap. It is Grey, black with yellow piping. Appears to be a reasonable quality reproduction cap. They’ve gone to some effort to try & make the inside look authentic with stamps etc.

I know the majority are looking for genuine WWII but if I was to purchase my 1st repro cap would this be a reasonably historically accurate cap I’m wondering. It’s the last of the items I picked out from eBay Germany & it’s going for well over €100 with the rest of today left on the auction. Apologies for the screenshots.

Quality repro? Visor cap of the WW2 WehrmachtQuality repro? Visor cap of the WW2 WehrmachtQuality repro? Visor cap of the WW2 WehrmachtQuality repro? Visor cap of the WW2 WehrmachtQuality repro? Visor cap of the WW2 WehrmachtQuality repro? Visor cap of the WW2 WehrmachtQuality repro? Visor cap of the WW2 WehrmachtQuality repro? Visor cap of the WW2 Wehrmacht

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quality repro? Visor cap of the WW2 Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

In most die-hard collector's eyes NO reproduction is "historically accurate"

Its a wannabee SS visor in any case ....not Wehrmacht.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

If you are going to buy a repro, we have a list of Repro makers here:

Repro Hat Makers
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

This cap sold eventually for just about £600 in the end yesterday. Seems like a lot for it to me.

MAP
    ?

A fool and his money are soon parted!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    The same words were on the tip of my tongue!!!!

Quote by MAP View Post
    The same words were on the tip of my tongue!!!!

The sad thing is, now with SO MUCH invested it it, the buyer will NEVER be convinced its anything other than genuine - and so once again, the fakes gain credibility in the eyes of many of the "poor huddled masses"
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "