Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Real or repo? Bunch of caps.

Article about: Hey Guys, These have come up for sale and I wouldn't mind going for them if the WWII ones are real. I can see some post war caps in the mix, but my question is are they all real or are the W

?

Default Real or repo? Bunch of caps.

Hey Guys,

These have come up for sale and I wouldn't mind going for them if the WWII ones are real.
    I can see some post war caps in the mix, but my question is are they all real or are the WWII ones reproductions?

Thanks,

Danger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or repo? Bunch of caps.   Real or repo? Bunch of caps.  

Real or repo? Bunch of caps.   Real or repo? Bunch of caps.  

Real or repo? Bunch of caps.   Real or repo? Bunch of caps.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or repo? Bunch of caps.
    P
    Many

No real wartime caps there. The two lower photos are West German caps with post-war dates on them and I dont like the stamps in the upper pictures.

?

HPL2008 will know when zip-codes were introduced in Germany (Dissberger from "4000 Düsseldorf")- this one has 4 digits, so it was before the Wiedervereinigung, nevertheless well after the war.

One look fake or post war. I really get irritated seeing things like this with bogus stamps. It is an effort to deceive the novice. NH

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    HPL2008 will know when zip-codes were introduced in Germany (Dissberger from "4000 Düsseldorf")- this one has 4 digits, so it was before the Wiedervereinigung, nevertheless well after the war.
    The 4-digit codes were implemented in 1962, the five-digit ones in 1993.

(After our reunification in 1990 and prior to the introduction of the new system in 1993, there was a transitional period during which the four-digit systems of the FRG and the GDR were used, but now with the addition of a "W" (West) or "O" ("Ost") prefix to differentiate between the western and eastern states.)