Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Salty Schirmmütze for an Infantry EM-NCO (Erel) - Good?

Article about: Good eve again, friends! I'm here with a salty Schirmmütze for an Infantry EM-NCO. It's an ErEl according to the band, and you can (in the right light) still make out "Offizier Kleider

Default Salty Schirmmütze for an Infantry EM-NCO (Erel) - Good?

Good eve again, friends! I'm here with a salty Schirmmütze for an Infantry EM-NCO. It's an ErEl according to the band, and you can (in the right light) still make out "Offizier Kleiderkasse, Erel, Berlin, Sonderklasse Extra" in the celluloid sweat shield on the interior of the cap, though it's almost impossible to see in the pic. I'm a little concerned about the following:

• The Wreath - It's got some streaks or something in the metal, and the red in the cockade tends to react a bit to UV and seems to be a lighter shade of red that my other caps. I know UV light isn't really a "good" test, but I did find the glow odd. What do you think - possibly bad wreath?

• The Eagle - the wear looks authentic, but does anything incorrect stand out about it that I'm not seeing?

• Anything else I'm missing?

Thanks for any assistance, folks!

Salty Schirmmütze for an Infantry EM-NCO (Erel) - Good?Salty Schirmmütze for an Infantry EM-NCO (Erel) - Good?
    Salty Schirmmütze for an Infantry EM-NCO (Erel) - Good?Salty Schirmmütze for an Infantry EM-NCO (Erel) - Good?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty Schirmmütze for an Infantry EM-NCO (Erel) - Good?
    P
    Many

?

The streaks in the metal are typical for later war wreaths. I know there are some examples here on the forum can't find them presently. The wear on the eagle is interesting - I wonder what could have caused these abrasions. I don't think this eagle is original to this cap (but it may well be an original eagle - I don't know a think of insignia, so mind you).

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    The streaks in the metal are typical for later war wreaths. I know there are some examples here on the forum can't find them presently. The wear on the eagle is interesting - I wonder what could have caused these abrasions. I don't think this eagle is original to this cap (but it may well be an original eagle - I don't know a think of insignia, so mind you).
    Thanks much for the input! That's good to know about the wreath. The wear on the eagle is unusual, but it doesn't seem forced. It appears to be at least original, but I also don't have a wealth of knowledge on cap eagles. I can only compare to pictures, really.

Thanks again!

Hopefully some generous soul will be along to help further with this salty old cap.