Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Salty white washed French-made pith helmet

Article about: Just curious about this salty pith helmet. Am I correct in assuming it was made in France? I will use helmet for a conservation (educational) cleaning project. I assume it is not possible to

Jan
    ?

Default Salty white washed French-made pith helmet

Just curious about this salty pith helmet. Am I correct in assuming it was made in France? I will use helmet for a conservation (educational) cleaning project (to get rid of what looks like pidgeon droppings ).

I´m thinking about getting rid of the rather terrible looking (added) chinstrap. If anyone has an idea about what the original chinstrap looked like please share a photo.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty white washed French-made pith helmet   Salty white washed French-made pith helmet  

Salty white washed French-made pith helmet   Salty white washed French-made pith helmet  

Salty white washed French-made pith helmet   Salty white washed French-made pith helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images Salty white washed French-made pith helmet 
    Last edited by Jan; 12-25-2021 at 08:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty white washed French-made pith helmet
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Hi guys,

I´m planning to put this one up for sale (will be cheap).

Just to be on the safe side I would like your opinions on it. From what I have been able to make out it is a French made pith helmet with white wash added to the exterior at some point. The original helmet seems ti have had been of grayish colour, it has never had any kind of insignia added to it.

Could these helmets have been used by the German Heer in the Mediterranean theatre. The helmet comes from Italy.

All information welcome.

Best, Jan

?

Hello, it's a casque colonial Modèle 1931 pith helmet, the chinstrap is probably changed for a civilian one or the helmet is civilian Without marking this cap can also be from the civilian market for civilian purposes. The chinstrap on military models is close to the 1926 steel helmet chinstrap.
    Here some pictures.
    FRANCE - CASQUE COLONIAL modele 1931 CHEF DE BATAILLON SPAHIS EUR 160,00 - PicClick FR
    WWII CASQUE COLONIAL Modele 1931 Authentique quasi neuf de stock France 1940 EUR 220,00 - PicClick FR

Jan
    ?

Thank you very much Ir 143.

Best,

Jan