Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Black visor by Erel

Article about: I would like some input on this Erel visor. The cap seems to conform to other blacktops by this maker. The trikot material, interior liner and sweat band look good to me. The visor is a litt

?

Well, the visor sold for almost $4000 despite it's shortcomings. I suppose you can call it a bargain in this insane current market. This hobby is a serious moneymaker for dealers.
    Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Black visor by Erel
    P
    Many

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Well, the visor sold for almost $4000 despite it's shortcomings. I suppose you can call it a bargain in this insane current market. This hobby is a serious moneymaker for dealers.
    You have that right Al. It seems however there is so much less available on the market these days and the ones are available sit because of prices being where they are. Even a rebuilt visor has it's place in a market that has limited inventory and I know it's difficult to justify spending thousands on something that is not as original. I think back to those days when a black to SS visor was anywhere from $1,500.00 to $2,000.00 and an officers visor a little more, it was hard to justify then those prices as a decade earlier they were half again as much.

In 2006-07 you could pick up a good black ASS NCO visor for $3,000.00, a good WSS NCO visor for $3,500.00 & in great shape. By 2009-10 they were selling for $5,500.00 - $6,500.00. From what I see that was a bubble, prices decreased but rose again and that last rise is todays prices. In 10 years we all will be shaking our heads and saying how can new collectors come into this hobby at these prices?

The same holds true for Himmler SS and Rohm Daggers as well as chained daggers, & the prices are still climbing.

If I see a A-SS visor at a reasonable price, I'll let you know. Being retired affords me time to look for these things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2