Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Kepi

Article about: Has anyone ever encountered an SS Kepi in this Trikot / whipcord material ? The few examples I've seen are in the smoother wool. Any chance that this could be authentic? I didn't want to dis

?

Default SS Kepi

Has anyone ever encountered an SS Kepi in this Trikot / whipcord material ? The few examples I've seen are in the smoother wool. Any chance that this could be authentic? I didn't want to dismiss it outright so I thought I'd post it for discussion. The insignia are real but you can get a Danziger TK and 1929 eagle for under $400

SS KepiSS Kepi

SS KepiSS Kepi

SS KepiSS Kepi

SS KepiSS Kepi

SS KepiSS Kepi
    Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kepi
    P
    Many

?

That material is definitely different than all the photos I'm finding. I have never seen one in person so I look forward to info gathered on this thread.
    Tim.

What was the original use of these kepis prior to the SS using them.

Some have said...some sort of ski cap. which the possibility exists that many cap makers produced these for the winter as well?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    What was the original use of these kepis prior to the SS using them.

Some have said...some sort of ski cap. which the possibility exists that many cap makers produced these for the winter as well?

Regards Larry
    They were used in the same way as the SA kepis. Up until around 1934, the SS wore these kepis almost exclusively, just like the SA. From about 1934, after the SS became an independent subdivision of the NSDAP, visors came into existence. Judging by photos, at first the SS leaders began to wear visors instead of kepis. Later, visors became mandatory and the kepis were only worn with the so-called 'SS Traditionsuniform'.

Photos of SS Kepis in wear here:

SS Kepis in Wear

Original examples here:

SS Kepis

Questionable SS Kepis here:

SS Kepis
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Thanks Stonemint! It's the same kepi as post #31 in the questionable thread. The stains on the sweatband match up perfectly as well as other features. It just looks like it's been dirtied up a little more since 2020. Oddly enough it's been doctored up with the addition of weird sweat shield perhaps to obscure the fake RFSS tag?. I guess that answers my question. A $9,000 fake

SS KepiSS Kepi

SS KepiSS Kepi

SS KepiSS Kepi

SS Kepi

In case there is any doubt it's the same cap

SS Kepi
    SS Kepi

SS KepiSS Kepi
    Regards, Al

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    They were used in the same way as the SA kepis. Up until around 1934, the SS wore these kepis almost exclusively, just like the SA. From about 1934, after the SS became an independent subdivision of the NSDAP, visors came into existence. Judging by photos, at first the SS leaders began to wear visors instead of kepis. Later, visors became mandatory and the kepis were only worn with the so-called 'SS Traditionsuniform'.
    I Know the SA and SS used them......My Question ....where these caps produced and used " Prior" to political use and who wore them ?
    Were they used non politically as everyday wear or were they " Created Exclusively " for the SA and SS.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nice eye I agree same cap that grew sweat diamond. Interesting this Hobbie.

Tim

?

Quote by Tim030 View Post
    Nice eye I agree same cap that grew sweat diamond. Interesting this Hobbie.

Tim
    A testament to the value of the photo archive built on this platform. It's hard to evade the keen eyes of diligent collectors with a little help from friends.
    Regards, Al

?

Solid detective work gentlemen!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast