Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SS m40 Feldmütze - real or bad

Article about: a friend asked my thoughts on this cap and I told him i did not have a good feeling. Does it have any chance of being legitimate? I notice first off the adler wings bent downward and i see s

Default SS m40 Feldmütze - real or bad

a friend asked my thoughts on this cap and I told him i did not have a good feeling. Does it have any chance of being legitimate? I notice first off the adler wings bent downward and i see straight across in most examples in searches. ive asked for a picture of inside of hat.
    thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS m40 Feldmütze - real or bad   SS m40 Feldmütze - real or bad  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS m40 Feldmütze - real or bad
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I will let others opine on the cap (although the skull does look wonky to an untrained eye) but I think the "bent" wings is an optical illusion. Look at the wing in the other photo. They are straight across.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

so do you think it is fake? are there any specific pictures i should get to make a better opinion? i am totally not familiar with cloth headgear.

you will need inside photos of the cap, however the megamind style of head on the SS skull already leads me to believe this is a reproduction.
    Morris